cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent order BOMS from being used in MRP before technicasl revision has been finalised

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Does anybody have an idea how to manage that order BOMs can be revised using transaction CSKB and not being used for MRP unless revison is done? SAP mentions only vageluely to use a cusomised BOM status but this is not working apparently. As soon I change the status the order BOM is no longer maintainable in CSKB and the material BOM will be used in MRP instead.

I am really wondering how any organisation can live with such a process. Of course the technical revision of an order BOM is necessary and needs to be notified as finished before MRP considers the demands.

Any helpful hint for solving this issue is welcome

Best regards

Hirmuinen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hirmuinen,

By using Satus it can be done, if you are using IDES system try to use status 5 and check if it works for you.

Normaly system gives preferance to order BOM for MRP if it didnt find any then it useses Material BOM for MRP Run to plan the order.

If you can brief about steps you are following for your business i can suggest you some thing.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your response. First of all I have no access to IDES therefore could you please give me the status 5 config? That would be very kind.

The process I intend is that no MRP should be carried out (or at least only with a certain exception message across the multiple structure levels) for a requirement where the revision of an order BOM has not been confirmed as finally done, depicted by a certain status of the order BOM. The material BOM should not be used instead. Do you think this is possible? If not, how can I alternatively implement something similar?

Thanks

Hirmuinen 

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hirmuinen ,

In transaction OS23 you can create a new status ex "99" with without a tick in any of the field , so in this way when you will create a order BOM with this status the BOM will not be relevant for MRP or production.

But in this scenario MRP run will pick the Material BOM,  to prevent you can use some exits relevant for MRP , betterr check with PP guys to find exact exit which will exclude this sales order which doesnt have a Order BOM with required status.

ex.  exit M61X0001, enables use of MRP control and you can check with technical consultant to include piece of code which will select the sales order based upon availablity of Order BOMs with status ' 1" if there are Order BOMs with status "99"  exclude those sales order from planning.

There are also possibility to create a new order type for production order which exclusively uses a BOM with usage "XX" but this control is at production orde rlevel, MRP uses a BOM selection id which is unique for plant if you put the restriction of this usage at MRP level then it will be apliciable for a plant and it affect all the product.

Hope this explanation will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks very much for your effort! Your explanations are going into the right direction but they are also confirming my concerns that there is standardwise nothing really supporting this simple process. I am in parallel investigating the OEW (Order Engineering Workbench, an additional development one can buy separately from SAP) functionality maybe I find something more in there...

Anyway, it has been a very good experience with you on this network. Because I am a brand new user and at a glance couldnt find what I have to do to grant you the well deserved points for this contribution, can you please tell me what I have to do for that?

Many best regards

Harald

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Harald,

I am happy to hlep you and hope you have liked this site by SAP.

Thanks a lot for alloting points for my replies.

What i want or rather what i request is please update me once you get solution for the issue, and help other memebrs as and when time permits you to contribute in this community.

Thanks

Ritesh