cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Deletion in Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing due diligence exercise currently.  Basically we have non-production backend connectors defined in our production GRC and we would like to delete them.  I have checked the forums and Note 1416728 - Manage Deletion Functionality in RAR 5.3 Support Pack 10 already.

My question here is should something go wrong with the plan, what are we looking at in terms of remedial actions to restoring the system back. When I say something wrong, I actually mean something actually going wrong with respect to the RAR and CUP applications working correctly post deletion.

1) After we delete the connectors, we intend to run Sync job and Batch risk Analysis Job. Since Rules for other systems will not be effected(deleted etc.), we intend to leave that as is.  At this stage if RAR or CUP doesn't function correctly, are we looking at deleting the actual Production connector, importing the previously exported rules,perform full user/role/profile sync and run full sync Batch Risk Analysis with Management report. 

2) One more query, when deleting connectors(systems and not Rules), the users will be deleted in all the systems, would these users be populated back again when we run sync job and batch risk analysis. Can any one advise.

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume this question is in regards to GRC 5.3 (and not 10.0). If you are using Logical connector groups for the ruleset, then you shouldn't have a problem in removing the connector and having the rule set unaffected. However, if you have loaded the functions etc against the specific systems, you may need to re-generate the rule set.

You may also have the previous connector label exist in the Management reports, so you may have to perform a FULL Batch risk analysis, Full sync etc after removing the connectors. In the past, I have exported all the RAR rule set and config as back up and then ran the "Delete Rule Set" import, i.e. a  blank import file which clears up the data, then just reimported the rule set against the new settings (i.e. removed redundant connectors etc).

I have not done this myself for a while now, but from what I can see, your CUP workflows should remain safe, unless there are some explicit rules looking to route any requests by systems etc.

all the best.