cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch user gives error during Netweaver AAS install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing an additional application server instance to a Netweaver 7.3 environment.

During the install I am logged in as a domain administrator.

In the phase "Install common system files" I get the error "

Creating node $(DIR_INSTALL) with type DIRECTORY failed. Original exception text was: syslib.filesystem.nodeCreationFailed: Unable to create node \\SEVA128\sapmnt\ with type DIRECTORY: can't create parent node"

This error I have found information about in previous discussions saying that it is a permission issue. The domain administrator has

full control permission on the folder \\SEVA128\sapmnt\. However when looking at the detailed information in the log file it turns

out that the installation procedure switches to the local user \\SEVA129\<sapsid>adm user, which definitely does not have access rights

to the primary application server.

Anybody that can give me a hint of what is wrong here?

Br,

Johan

INFO       2012-08-14 13:38:13.585 [synxccuren.cpp:693]
           CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setUser() lib=syslib module=syslib
Switched to user: SEVA129\va4adm.

WARNING    2012-08-14 13:38:13.707 [synxcpath.cpp:971]
           CSyPath::getOSNodeType(bool ) lib=syslib module=syslib
Unable to get information about file \\SEVA128\sapmnt\VA4\SYS\profile\DEFAULT.PFL using FindFirstFile. Operating system error message: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

WARNING    2012-08-14 13:38:13.806 [synxcpath.cpp:971]
Unable to get information about file \\SEVA128\sapmnt\VA4\SYS\profile\DEFAULT.PFL using FindFirstFile. Operating system error message: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

WARNING[E] 2012-08-14 13:38:13.916 [ianxbservi.hpp:283]
           CServiceHandle::Open(ClusSvc)
FSL-06002  Error 1060 (The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (265), with parameter (ClusSvc).

WARNING    2012-08-14 13:38:14.12 [synxcpath.cpp:971]
Unable to get information about file \\SEVA128\sapmnt\VA4\SYS using FindFirstFile. Operating system error message: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

WARNING    2012-08-14 13:38:14.103 [synxcpath.cpp:971]
Unable to get information about path \\SEVA128\sapmnt\ using GetVolumeInformation. Operating system error message: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

WARNING    2012-08-14 13:38:14.110 [synxcpath.cpp:971]
Unable to get information about path \\SEVA128\sapmnt\ using GetVolumeInformation. Operating system error message: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

WARNING    2012-08-14 13:38:14.116 [synxcpath.cpp:971]

ERROR      2012-08-14 13:38:14.118
           CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()
CJS-30129  Creating node $(DIR_INSTALL) with type DIRECTORY failed. Original exception text was: syslib.filesystem.nodeCreationFailed:
Unable to create node \\SEVA128\sapmnt\ with type DIRECTORY: can't create parent node...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I found the reason for my problems. When I started the SAPinst there was a service named SAP<sid>_00 that had the local log on user .\SAPService<sid>adm.

I noticed that the installation procedure said it was checking this service. I changed the log on user to be the <DOMAIN>\SAPService<sid>adm and now it is working.

Br,

Johan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Well if possible publish screenshots before this one as well. Right from the beginning of SApinst selection screen.

What you could try (though not really sure if that would work) is define the users and groups in seva129 before you start the installation. Use reference from seva128. Once that is done then you can give it a shot but I would like to really see the first few screenshots.

Regards.

Ruchit.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What if you manually create following local group on AAS

Local Group: SAP_LocalAdmin

Members:Domain\SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin

Local Group:SAP_<SID>_LocalAdmin
Members:SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin

Local Group:Administrators
Members:Domain\<sid>adm

Then retry your installation,

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I have tried your suggestion, but without luck.

The same error still occurs.

Br,

Johan

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What error are you getting? Can you please provide me error message?

The error you provided I see that your installation user and "SEVA129\va4adm" user do not have authorization to read share directory @ \\SEVA128\sapmnt\VA4\SYS\profile

Can you confirm that user you are logged in to system have read access to \\SEVA128\sapmnt\VA4\SYS\profile location and "SEVA129\va4adm" user as well.

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Yogesh,

The error I am getting is the same as I wrote in my initial post.

Creating node $(DIR_INSTALL) with type DIRECTORY failed. Original exception text was: syslib.filesystem.nodeCreationFailed: Unable to create node \\SEVA128\sapmnt\ with type DIRECTORY: can't create parent node

The user I am logged in as during installation has read/write access to the primary server folder

\\SEVA128\sapmnt\VA4\SYS\profile.

But the other user, SEVA129\va4adm, does not have any access to the folder on the primary machine,

since it is a local user only existing on the Additional server where I am doing the installation. This is the reason why I am posting this discussion, since I don't understand why the installation is switching to this local user instead of using the domain user named va4adm that is already created.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

This has to be domain level installation. Secondly the user <sid>adm and SAPServicesid<adm> must exist at domain level. This is a very basic thing clearly described in the installation guides. 

Get the basic structure in place if you want this to work.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I have the users <sid>adm and SAPService<sid>adm created in my domain before I start the installation and these domain users have the read/write access to the profile folder on the primary server.

My problem is that the installation does not use these domain users and instead switches to the local user <sid>adm of the additional server and this then gives me this permission error on the primary server.

Br,

Johan

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should do a domain installation rather than a local installation on the additional application server. This would prevent switch to local user. You need to ensure that the user va4adm on the application server is a domain user account and assigned the proper groups in the  application server.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

During SAPinst are you specifying domain installation or not ??

Seocndly start sapinst using user <DOMAIN>/<sid>adm. Login using this user and  start SAPinst.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

I have the user va4adm created in the domain.

During the installation I am not questioned about using the "domain of current user" for the

users va4adm and SAPServiceva4adm. It seems that the installation procedure automatically does a local installation. How can I force it to be a domain installation?

For the other users like sapadm and diagnostics agent user, I get the questions so I can choose "domain of current user".

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rushit,

Regarding the domain installation see my previous reply to Ratnajit.

I have tried logging in using the <DOMAIN>/<sid>adm user and starting SAPinst. This does not change the behaviour of the installation and I get the same error as in my initial post.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Just interested. Have you created the symbolic links as is recommended by SAP  assuming this  is R2 for Windows 2008.

\\SEVA128\sapmnt is this accessible from dialog instance host.

Also is

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rushit,

No, I had not created the symbolic links. I created them and started SAPinst again, but the same error still occurrs.

On what server do you mean I should have a dialog instance host?

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dialog instace host i.e \\seva129.

PS: Itz Ruchit

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry about the name Ruchit

When I am logged in with the <domain>\<sid>adm user to my dialog instance host

I can access the \\SEVA128\mnt folder

But the problem is the local user \\SEVA129\<sid>adm that gets switched to during installation.

This user does not have access to the \\SEVA128\mnt folder.

Br,

Johan

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have access to \\SEVA128\sapmnt

for user <sid>adm  and not \\SEVA128\mnt

Please login as domain user <sid>adm and try to go to the directory \\\SEVA128\sapmnt

try creating a file .

Also on the CI host , go to the directory , <drive>:\usr\

Check the properties of sap folder , select the share name sapmnt, under sharing and provide full permission .

Check if the user <sid>adm on the DI host is a domain account and not a local account .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

Domain user <DOMAIN>\<sid>adm has access to \\SEVA128\mnt and can create a file there.

I have set full permission for ALL users on CI host directory <drive>:\usr\.

The user <sid>adm exists only as a domain account when I start SAPinst, but the installation

procedure does not recognize my <DOMAIN>\<sidadm> user and instead creates the local user

<sid>adm. I don't even get the possibility to specify to use a domain for the <sid>adm and SAPService<sid>adm user like I can do for the Host Agent and diagnostics agent user.

Br,

Johan

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once SAPINST comes to a halt , delete the local user created and retry the installation again .

Can you check if that helps.

In SAPINST , do you get an option to choose between local installation and domain installation .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried your suggestion, but it does not help.

I don't get an option to choose between local or domain installation for the <sid>adm user.

I just get a screen where I can set the password for the local users that is created during the

installation. I have enclosed that screen shot to this post.

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Johan,

Is this a mixed environment?

Please refer to SAP note #680617 for the installation of a application
server on Windows in a heterogeneous environment it says:

"1.  On UNIX, release the /usr/sap directory as SAPMNT. To do this, use
     SAMBA or a comparable tool. The user who is performing the
     installation on the Windows host as well as the <sapsid>adm and
     SAPService<SAPSID> Windows users created during the installation
     must have read and write authorization on this share directory and
     its subdirectories."

To fix the issue, I would like you to make sure that both users
mentioned above of the current installation have full access
(read/write) to that path.

Users are <sid>adm and sapservice<sid>
Path is \\SEVA128\sapmnt\

Let us know if issues persist.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The domain users <sapsid>adm and SAPService<SAPSID> are administrators on the primary

server (SEVA128) and have read/write permission on the /usr/sap folder and child folders.

One interesting thing I found is that the network share for /usr/sap is named \\SEVA128\saploc

instead of \\SEVA128\sapmnt\

When the installation procedure switches to the local user \\SEVA129\<sapsid>adm

on the additional application server, will it not be a permission problem since it is only the

domain <sapsid>adm user that has read/write access rights? The local user does not have

any read/write access rights.

Br,

Johan

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to use Domain Admin account to install additional Application Servers, since all users and groups are already created in Active Directory when you installed CI.  You should be using <SID>adm.

This is definitely a permission issues.  When you give Full Control to the share also make sure to push the permissions to all child objects within the share.

Try it out...

Ravi