Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reagrding Entries in KNVI Table

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue.

We have got 2 payers X and Y, both belonging to Country Spain.

In the customer tax classification for payer X the following entries have been maintained:

1. CN (China) - MWST - (Blank)

2. PT (Protugal) - MWST - 1 (Liable for taxes)

3. SA (Saudi Arabia) - MWST - 1 (Liable for taxes)

When I check for Payer X in KNVI table entries exist for only PT and SA but not for CN. This seems ok.

But In the customer tax classification for payer y the following entries have been maintained

1. CN (China) - MWST - 1 (Liable for taxes)

2. PT (Protugal) - MWST - Blank

3. SA (Saudi Arabia) - MWST - Blank

When I check for Payer Y in KNVI table entries exists for all CN, PT and SA.

Since for payer X Customer tax Classification has not been maintained it may not be showing up in KNVI table but for payer Y even though entries have not been maintained for PT and SA they are still appearing in KNVI table.Why would this happen?

Thanks and Regards,

J Nagesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

The program:

1. finds the plants in the distribution channel in TVKWZ-WERKS.
  2. finds the countries of the plants in T001W-LAND1.
  3. returns records for the KNVI records in these countries.

Therefore, if entries have been removed in table TVKWZ to avoid CN items, existing KNVI entries become invisible in the customer master tax classifications.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If tax classification is required then there shouldn't be any entries with blank classification (I'm assuming by "blank" you mean blank field, not 0) in the database. If it is not required then there could be such entry if it was changed. If there is a user exit that was not developed correctly then it could cause such effect, hypothetically.

If you suspect there is data inconsistency in standard SAP, send a message to SAP.

P.S. Also if you have added a new country recently then the older customer records would not have taxes set up for that country immediately. But the newly created customers would have records for all countries.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.