Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification status in OSNO even after UD

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

Even after giving usage decision for inspection call, the notification status still remains as OSNO (Outstanding Notification) instead of NOCO (Notification Completed).

This case is happening for a new plant configured in our SAP system (ECC 6.0 EHP5).

What may be the reason for this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It migh be because of QCC0 -->QMplanning --->Baisc Data-->defect class type ,you might have selected " "Q-Notification"" in defect class.

This is reason why notification remains open.

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess this is the screen you are referring to (on following the path mentioned).

Regards.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes correct!!

Now if you click on, let say 01, you would get following screen. See what you have maintained there.

For your understanding, use F1 help for ' Activate Q-notification'  which says below content,

Activation of Q-Notification While Generating Defect Record

Use

If you set this indicator, the quality notification (already existing) is immediately activated, when the defect data record is created. This means, that the quality notification receives the status "Outstanding notification" (OSNO).

Dependencies

• The system saves defect data records as quality notification items. Quality notifications automatically have the status "Defects recording" (DEFR). If a quality notification is active, then the status "Defects recording" (DEFR) is deactivated, but the quality notification keeps the status "Outstanding notification" (OSNO).
  • After you have made the usage decision for the inspection lot, inactive quality notifications automatically have the status "Notification completed" (NOCO). If the quality notification was activated before the usage decision (for example, by setting this indicator, manually, or by processing the notification), it is not automatically completed, but remains open for further processing.

ntn

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin Jinagal,

For all the defect classes, No next function is selected.

Moreover I don't see plant specific information along the path mentioned above.

Because I am facing this problem only for one new plant configured recently.

Regards.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is usually how you set up your catalog codes for the defects.  For each defect, you must specify the type of error.  If you select Defect class 01 or 02 (in standard SAP), then any notification using those defect codes will automatically activate the notification and it will remain open.

Have you set up automatic defect recordings and/or inspection point valuation?  And if you did are you using UD codes for each plant?  (configured on in the QM plant settings).

Since this is only happening in one plant, I suspect you set up UD selected sets for each plant.  When you did for the new plant, some one selected critical defect for the reject codes.  This then causes the notification to remain open after UD.

Check your UD codes and see what defect is assigned.  Then check that defects settings config to see if the "activate notification" radio button is selected.

Either change the config for the defect, or in the selected set, choose a different defect code.

Keep in mind the UD selected set codes are also used in the inspection point valuation and could be triggered by those codes.

Craig

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys,

I tried to give UD manually via QA02 for that inspection lot. I am getting the following error message.

Actually the problem is with giving UD and not with notification. If UD happens, then automatically the notification may get updated correctly. 

Inspection type what we are using is 8900.

Please guide me in simple steps to do the missing config.

Regards.

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys,

I removed the tick mark against Selected Set at same plant and tried, it is working now.

UD is happening and correspondingly the notification status changes to NOCO CNF UD.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My guess is that for the new plant, in the QM plant config settings, under the lot completion tab,  you have clicked on the setting "Selected set in own plant".

This means that you must create a selected set using your UD codes under the new plant code.

Create that selected set, or remove the setting from config and you should be ok.

(Note:  A picture is worth a thousand words!    )

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like I was a few minutes late posting! I got distracted while writing the posting!

Craig

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everyone for your valuable guidance.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You never indicated that you checked the config that Sujit referenced.

Craig

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I apologize for that. I have pasted the screenshot.

I could not see what Sujit had mentioned.

Regards.

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arun

Please check the setting of Defect Class which is assigned to char which is rejected while doing the result recording of that lot for which notification have been created as suggested by other members.

Can you tell us what type of notification has been created???

regards

Manish

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Ref to above,kindly check the Notification task in QM02 tcode, the assigned responsible person in task item,who is having access to complete the task in IQS12 transaction,then you will get alert mail,after that you have to close the task & complete the same.

Regards,

M.Arunkumar

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a notification has been activated before UD, it will not be completed even if UD done.

This is SAP standard process, not depend on version or support package.

Regards, DoWook KIM

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue not yet resolved.

Our new plant is TPPC.

In QCC0 -> Basic Settings -> Maintain Settings at Plant level -> TPPC -> Results recording ->

Proposal for inspection point valuation is empty.

I guess this is the reason for the error.

For other plants, the data is available under that tab.

I am an ABAPer and not a functional guy. How to set this tab data?

Guide me.

Regards.

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For that you have create selected set with t-code QS51 for that plant and have to assign there. But i don't think there is a link between your problem and inspection point definition

Manish

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the purpose of Selected Set?

Whether this changes the status of QM notification?

My QM notifications for the new plant is always remaining as OSNO CNF INRR instead of NOCO CNF UD. The production order status correctly changes to CNF DLV by giving UD.

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sample screen shots:

Regards.