cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Files handling in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having PI 7.11 server. We are currently stuck in sitution where MDM is sending blank files (zero byte) to PI and this message get stuck in inbound queue with status "Transaction Executing", stopping other messages to process as well. Then the CPU Utilization reaches 95%. we have to manually remove the blank messages from the queue and cancel them. This is affecting the other interfcaes. There is no error messge or exception in logs.

We are using Extended Receiver Determination to detemine receiver.

Can you please suggest how can we handle this zero byte file in MDM->PI->ECC/legacy scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are able to access the standard contextObject called FileSize in your enhanced receiver determination, then you could formulate your logic such that if it is equal to 0 it will not contain a receiver and the message will stop processing.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The Sender channel is MDM Adapter so is the Context Object 'SourceFileSize' will work for this? I read some where it is only applicable for File Adapter.

Please let me know if I can use this for MDM Adapter as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Shweta

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What are the adapter-specific message attributes available for this adapter?

Regards,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

The better approach is to look at why MDM is generating zero sized files. I did not find anything on the MDM sender adapter that can help. You can also check the MDM port settings, event generation. You can take help of MDM folks for detailed analysis.