cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity check on storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know how to map following requirement:

Client wants to activate bin capacity on the basis of weight. When a material being placed into a storage bin then system should check what is the capacity of bin and whether it exceed the weight capacity of bin or not if material is put there. If weight is exceeded then system should not allow it.

Please let me know the config and master data pre requisite

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the sap Note :  392776

Activation  for capacity:

SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Define Storage Type - here please maintain capacity check method (V_T3010-KAPAP) and capacity check indicator (V_T3010-AKTKA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vineet,

You need to activate capacity check at storage type level, for you requirement you have to set up 1 as capacity check indicator,

Also note that capacity check functionality works for putaway strategies like B,F & I.

For error message in case capacity has increased you have to set at warehouse master data level.  

Regards,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

first you have to identify for which storage types you want to have this capacity check, then in 'storage type' data in customization you have to select "Check according to maximum weight" Capacity method and check ' act. capac' check box. Then for all bins under these storage types you have to specify "maximum weight" in storage bin master data. Also you have to maintain weight of material in material master data. So whenever material weight exceeds than the specified weight, system will through error.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for  replying.

There is 1 more requirement that for some bin it should allow specific quantity of material.

Now, I need to create a separate storage type for them since capacity check is activated at Storage type level.

I have tried with capcity check 3 and 2 but it does not work.

System allows me to put more than 1 quant in the same bin.

Am I missing something in bin master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vineet,

What is the placement startegy you have for your storage type in which you want particular quantity should be allowed in bin.( as per capacity check indicator 3)

As per my understanding (capacity check indicator 3) works only for strategy F (Fixed bin).

Regards,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yaa the stock placement strategy is "F" indeed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are you using capacity check 2 & 3, its not related to "Maximum weight".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vineet,

Have you maintained the maximum bin quantity in material master WM2 view.

Regards,

Charudatta 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charu,

Yes I have maintain fixed bin and its minimum and max bin quantity in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vineet,

can you tell me what is the

1. current stock in bin before testing.

2. Maximum quantity you have maintained in material master WM2 view.

3. Quantiy you are trying to put now in bin.

Regards,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charu,

1. current stock in bin before testing.-----2

2. Maximum quantity you have maintained in material master WM2 view......2

3. Quantiy you are trying to put now in bin.........2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vineet,

It seems the scenario you are testing is correct, it should work.

At my end it is working i have stock of 3, maximum qty i maintained as 4 & trying to put new stock of 2, system is not allowing me for capacity reason.

Can you check have you activated capacity check in storage type even though you have maintained capacity check indicator.

Regards,

Charu