cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SAP Partners create their own rapid-deployment solutions?

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if SAP partners can create their own rapid-deployment solutions?

Thank you,

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Kimkane
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

SAP is currently in the process of creating a formal engagement model on how partners can build and qualify their own Partner Led Rapid Deployment Solution.  Rollout of this engagement model is planned for Q4 2012.  To help stay informed on all Rapid Deployment Solutions information visit the SAP PartnerEdge Portal @ www.sappartneredge.com/rds

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Robert_Qiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe,

There are several partner engagement models.

Building with SAP is possible, for partner can work with SAP solution assembly & packaging team on a particular RDS package to contribute his knowhow. And this partner will receive a purchase order from SAP normally.

Of course, partner can also adapt the existing RDS packages with his knowhow from real project. They can create new content on top of existing SAP RDS packages and get them qualified. In this case, we called it partner built RDS packages. And E&C solution center colleagues from each country are working on this partner qualification together with the development team, SAP solution assembly & packaging team.

Hope above answers your questions.

Thanks and regards,

Robert Qiu

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Moshe,

It's interesting how a simply stated question might have a number of different meanings.

Building Your Own RDS

I have no insight into or knowledge about what future plans may be, but I wouldn't advise thinking of RDS as an APPs store.

Since these packages have to work with (and within) the SAP architecture, these projects have to conform to requirements and satisfy standards that require they are internally driven.

Building with SAP

I know that partners have been strongly involved with a couple of RDS packages. Unfortunately, I'm not the person that knows how those partners became involved or what you might have to do to get involved. If you have an idea or an interest in RDS, you might want to talk to your partner liaison. Obviously, very good ideas and approaches come from partners and I think we are all interested in helping businesses run better.