SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment Item Master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am a FICO consultant and new of FM and GM areas.

My client requirement is to change the "commitment item master data - financial transaction (FIVOR) and Commitment Item Category (POTYP). I have understand from the help document, these two fields are allowed to change only before entering the "budget values / actual values'

In our environment, we have few posted documents under budget / actual values.  Hence kindly suggest the way forward in above situation

Regards

Anil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, once postings are happened, you cannot change the financial transaction and commitment item category.

You will have to create a new one, and change the derivation rules in FMDERIVE in order to have the newly created one derived for the new postings, for correcting the old ones, you may  use the reassignment tools, in order to change the commitment item into the new one.

Hope u understand.

Regards

Rao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, once postings are happened, you cannot change the financial transaction and commitment item category.

You will have to create a new one, and change the derivation rules in FMDERIVE in order to have the newly created one derived for the new postings, for correcting the old ones, you may  use the reassignment tools, in order to change the commitment item into the new one.

Hope u understand.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hello KTP Rao

Thanks for your response

We are using the GL code = Commitment Item Code, Hence, i presume no rule modification is required through FMDERIVE for new GL code & Commitment Item code which would required, if the exiting one is not possible to change.

I have not understood completely regarding "reassignment tools , in ordr to change the commitment item into the new one" - could you give some more brief in this regard

Regards

Anil

0 Kudos

Hi

Derivation rule is required to derive the New commitment item, if you are not making any changes then old commitment item will be derived. This changes totally dependends on how you are using derivation rules (whether it is required new rule or need changes in existing rules). By using Reassignment tool you can  make account assignment changes in already posted documents.

The below link will help to understand.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/b3/fa3a95ecd9465c82957992e30e1ff2/content.htm

Regards

Rao