cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible solutions if you get disconnected from the FTP server to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I just would like to ask all of you what could be the possible solution for this one: This is the situation-----given that there is no problem in XI and the adapter. I've checked the messages in XI, there is no problem. I've also checked the status of the adapter, but its good and running. But when I've checked the log viewer, it says that I got disconnected from the ftp server of the sender system.

Now, what could be the possible reason for this?

And what could be the possible solutions for this?

Do hope you could help me on this. Thanks in advance.

Grace

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We really can't change the status to passive because of the client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've checked the File adapter status, it's in active status. If you guys want me to try to put it to passive or active, I'm afraid I can't do a trial and error in the system because we are running live. It would affect hundred of thousands of messages.

Actually, we at the XI team in this project was able to solve it by restarting the J2EE engine but we can't always do this since its too risky because it would affect other business systems and other messages. That is why I'm looking for other options in resolving this type of problem.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

<i>Data Connection

Active

In active mode, the server establishes a data connection from its data port, port 20, to an end point chosen by the client.

Passive

In passive mode, the client establishes a data connection to the port required by the server.

<b>The default setting is a passive data connection. Only change this setting if you have a specific reason</b>.</i>

Change it to passive and it will work fine.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the note Saravna has asked you to look into?

Change the Connection Mode of your File adapter from <b>Active to Passive.</b>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

The connection of XI and the FTP Server before the incident is already working. There was just this one instance that the connection failed, so all the messages or IDoc didnt arrive in XI.

According to the findings, the connection failed. But how is that?

And what could be the possible solution to that?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

was the server down? probably some n/w issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As you said , this is only in this instance right?

so check FTP Active data connection support,

: Up to and including XI 3.0 SP14, the File Adapter exclusively uses passive data connections. Starting with XI 3.0 SP15 / PI 7.0, active connections are available..

Which one you are using?.

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This problem is either caused by incorrect firewall / packet filter settings or an incorrect configuration of the FTP server. Also make sure that you have correctly specified the host name / IP address and port of the FTP server.

Changing the connection type from 'active' to 'passive' (or vice versa) might additionally help to work around the incorrect firewall configuration

Regards

Chilla...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be a timeout setting at the FTP server end. Chk this Note 821267 section 26 on ftp connection problems, could help resolve your issue.

Regards

Saravana