cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.0 Firefighter Log Review "Other Action"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen any documentation or know how to exand the choices in GRC 10.0 (SP08) Firefighter Log review?   When controller reviews log, he can hit "submit" to approve.   Our audit team would like other options ("revoke security" or "inappropriate action; should be reversed", etc).  I do see "Other Action" but only offers "Hold".

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Heraleen:

If your task was set differently, you would also see Forward, and Additional Information as well as Hold.  As far as the comments for other events, this should be captured in the notes, whether documented that a reversal has been completed either by and end user or another FFID, followed up by a access request in the case of revoking access, and the inappropriate action would need to be explained as it has already happened and then maybe it was reviewed and no issue was found but was outside of the FF Policy for use, document that the Firefighter has been notified of such action.  When you have finished the Controller review and the item has been resolved, then approve the request. 

It really does not matter whether or not you agree with the actions taken, as they have already been completed.  The controller will need to make any corrections (or ask them to be made) to fix any isuses.  Unfortunately, this would be a manual task probably with email communications that can be attached subsequently for any audit requirement.

I don't believe that you can add any 'custom' actions as this would require a change to the entire workflow task.

If someone understands differently, please speak up.

Thanks.

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin, that's helpful input as to how we should be using this new feature.  Regarding "if your task was set differently" do you mean under Maintain Paths=>Maintain Stages=>Modify Task Settings for the "Firefighter Log Report Review Workflow"?  Or which config are you referring to that would add "forward" and "Additional info" as options? 

Thx,

hb

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Heraleen,

The firefighter log review supports three actions in other actions:

(1) Hold- If multiple controllers have received workitem and any one of the controller wants to keep the workitem with him, then he can keep it on hold. In the meanwhile he can check more details. When the workitem is on hold for other controllers this will be visible in non-editable mode and the controller who has kept on hold will have "Release" option in "Other actions". When the controller wants he can release the workitem for other controllers and then the workitem will be visible in Edit mode to all controllers.

(2) Additional Information- If the controller wants more information from firefighter then he can forward the workitem to firefighter using this action. The firefighter will provide details in Note tab and then Return it back to the Controller. Then the controller can further process the workitem.

(3) Forward- If the controller wants to forward the workitem to any of the user or to any other controller in EAM then this option clould be used. To use the option tick the checkbox "Forward" in Stage level task setting.

Hope the information is useful to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heraleen,

Yes your query to Kevin has the answer, Thats where the tasks can be set for these kind of actions.

"Maintain Paths=>Maintain Stages=>Modify Task Settings".  I dont think there is any other place you can control these action from.

And as Kevin said if you need some 'custom' actions as this would require a change to the entire workflow task.

Regards,

Mona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin, I had you as instructor for GRC couple years ago (I'm friend of LoriD's).   Anyway, I appreciate your response and wanted to ask you a followup question.   I have a question about what do when we have setup Firefighter logging review, and the manager has left the company and we need to route to a new controller.  We've deactivated forwarding, and I don't see anything under "administration" so far that would let me pick a new controller.   Do you know if there's a way to handle this, and also is there documentation about this level of detail?  I'm poking around in OSS, SDN, Google, but sure seems like there would be some more usage documentation about 10.0 than I've found so far.  Wondering in your time as instructor if you've run across this.

Thanks a bunch!

Heraleen.Bowers@icl-pplp.com

314-983-7570

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heraleen,

Do you know how I can hide the additional information and hold option in the controller workflow.

I unselected reroute and forward option in the task settings but it did no good.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Kiran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Need your help on this one. Can anyone tell me what the return button is supposed to work as? I am assuming it is to send the activity back to the controller?

I have 2 controllers setup for every FF id.

We have a scenario where the return button shows up when the controller and user is the same person.

But when we select the return button it is performing the same action as submit.

When i check the entry in NWBC=>Access Management=>ARA=>Search Requests? Select "Process ID=Firefighter Log Report Review Workflow - it is showing up as approved.

We need to either grey out the return button or let the 2nd controller receive the log on selecting it.

Any ideas??

Thank you

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have what seems to be a very strange situation.

We are running a central instance of GRC which points to our development, QA & production landscapes. Our controllers see different options depending on which target the log was generated.

For the development logs, the user can Forward or Request Additional Information

On QA they only have Additional Information option

On production - it is split For ECC they can forward & Request Additional Information

For SRM Neither option is available -

This is consistent for all our controllers. Same roles, same workflow but different results. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

I faced some issues with my workflows while i was transporting them as well.

Did you try re-transporting them? How did you resolve it?

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

I have same issue, I can't see forward icon under "other action" in my GRP system but I can see it in my GRC (DEV) system.  Did you resolve this issue?

Please share the resolution because I checked the workflow setting as well as security and FF setup everything seems fine in GRP system but GRD system works fine but GRP system doesn't have "Forward" icon.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had a question related to the above workflow, suppose Controller agrees with the log activity of FF user and click on submit, Where will we get the report of all the approved FF activities by controller ?

Any report ?

I am talking about SP09 .

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have this workflow set up for firefighter log review, the controller will get a request in his GRC inbox which has a link to firefighter session log.  The log includes the transactions the user ran while logged in as firefighter.   The controller gets this log regardless of whether or not he approves/submits because it is comes to him in the initial request for review.  Hope that answered your question.  If not please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heraleen,

Yes controller gets the work item in his inbox and he approves it.

In case we have audit after 6 months and auditors want to know if controller performed their check or not ? In that case we can get the report where controllers clicked on submit means checked the logs and they are ok.

So that like in GRC 5.3 we need not get to each and every controller on email and get their confirmation if they performed the check ?

Can we get this report anywhere in GRC 10 ?

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you looked at NWBC=>Access Management=>ARA=>Search Requests? Select "Process ID=Firefighter Log Report Review Workflow" and the period of interest.  Should show you all requests and the status for each. From there you can drill into any of them to see status, export the list, etc. Is that what you're looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Heraleen. This was exactly what i was looking for.

I am not getting an option to award you points.