cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate stock shortfall alerts at DC's in APO without SNP/PPDS run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have different levels of location defined in our APO solution architecture.

We supply material from DC's to plants.

We need to generate ALERTS at DC level to know the day's supply or stock shortfall. But, while generating such alerts, we do not intend to use Forecasting/Heuristics/Optimizer/CTM/PPDS run etc.

The idea is to create macro, add the alert profile to macro & execute the macro. Can anyone handled such situation before? Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks for looking into this!

Regards,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Pls refer the below SAP help. This shows you all the steps for Day's supply.

I am not 100% clear with your requirement but it seems that standard SAP functionality should be good enough to meet your requirement.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo/helpdata/en/a5/cf893744ce9c71e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Pls reward if useful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

I do not understand your question clearly. Generally aleters (SNP alerts) are not generated together with planning run (heuristic/optimizer/ctm), but could be generated in a macro job based on the planning result or current situation. So your idea sounds like the general way of alerts generation, at least in SNP area.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for looking into this issue.

We want to generate Days supply alert for our Distribution Centers through standard SAP provision.

SNP alerts does not have Day's supply alerts. Hence, we are looking for PPDS alerts for the same.

My earlier question was, had anyone handled such requirement before? Like, generating Days Supply Alerts for locations in APO?

Your inputs are valuable to me!

Regards/

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

I have never created a 'Days supply' alert in SNP.  However, I have created Macro alerts, which is what you originally asked for.  The Macro Alert can be triggered by any situation that you can logically identify in a Macro (such as Days supply, or any other logical situation).

As stated by expert Ada, Macro alerts are standard functionality.  Many people create these alerts as 'database alerts' and execute these alerts in Background jobs in order to keep PB interactive processing response high.  Once the job is executed, the alerts appear in the Alert Monitor, just like any other alert.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/29/9d8937f49b3a71e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

The details of setting up a database alert are too much for a forum post. Please consult with your local SNP or DP expert. He should easily be able to create a new Macro alert to meet your requirements.

If you are feeling adventurous, there is an example in the Best Practices DP configuration guide about how to set up a Database Macro Alert.  The steps are similar in SNP.  Refer to

http://help.sap.com/saap/sap_bp/bblibrary/html/y94_scm701_en_xx.htm

Best Regards,

DB49