cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Proxy Time Account ESS Timesheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

On the ESS timesheet, we have been facing a recurring Error message saying: "System error: No receiver could be determined".

I've been looking over the whole web, found some hints about how to make this message disappear, and it seems that the key transaction is SOAMANAGER.

Unfortunately, after loads of test configuring Service definitions and Consumer proxies i can't make it go away.

I'm not sure i'm using the right Service definition and Consumer Proxies, I've did my tests on the followings:

Service --> EETMECAL_WTS_EE_QR

Consumer --> CO_CATS_EMPLOYEE_TIME_CALENDAR 

Does anyone already did this configuration and could lead me to a solution?

Just a quick recall, this message appeared after checking the foloowing checkbox in CAC1:

Thanks in advance for any kind of help you could provide me.

Jules Letombe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jules,

Yes! we have done this configuration & really key is SOAMANAGER. Are you using XI as middleware? What is a role of your Business System? Did u try to create/activate binding for this service in SOAMANAGER?

Thanks

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Thanks for your quick answer.

We are not using XI as Middleware, and the role of our Business system is time management.

We did try to bind the following services in SOAMANAGER:

EETMECAL_WTS_EE_QR

CO_CATS_EMPLOYEE_TIME_CALENDAR

I guess we did something wrong...

Did you also get the same error message before your configuration?

Regards

Jules

Former Member
0 Kudos

We got this message because our binding service was inactive but there could be some other reasons for your issue.

Ok another questions your HR & CATS are going to share same server?

Few tasks for troubleshooting.

1. Check service binding

2. Check SXMB_ADMIN for role of business system ( Should be local )

3. Check SICF if service is active.

Let me know if all above are there then we 'll check some parts of it.

Cheers,

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. The service is active

2. It seems that we don't need this role since we don't use any XI or PI.

3. The following ICF services are activated:

Merci,

Jules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jules,

I know that you are not using XI but if you want to use SOA  services locally "role of business system should be "Not Yet Configured".

K now did you create logical port for consumer proxy CO_CATS_EMPLOYEE_TIME_CALENDAR. What is URL path you have given?

Thanks,

Arpit

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

krajeshb449
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have XI in our landscape and would like to go with that. Could you please let me know the relevant settings to be maintained.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arprit,

It's has the APPLICATION SYSTEM role, as you can see on the following screenshot.

Regards,

Nhan Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you still have an issue with this? If not never mind.

I happened to read this to configure our own scenario. I am able to get this resolved. We are not using PI so it was easier. But if you are then I see couple of issues.

In the above image, set the role to Application System. Create a HTTP type RFC connection and name it as INTEGRATION_SERVER. In the RFC the path prefix should be "/sap/xi/engine?type=entry".

To answer your error messages below

System NOt yet configured : System error: System not configured as XI Integration Engine - NA

Application system : System error: URL to call the Integration Server is missing on t - see below

Integration Server :System error: Proxy calls are not permitted on sender or receiver - NA

In the Configuration URL enter http://hsape06db:8006. System error "URL to call" error will be gone.

There might be more issues depending on whether you have all the PI configuration in place.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Thank you for the information. Yes, i still have the same issue.

We are not using PI neither for this solution, But we already have a connection names INTEGRATION_SERVER with the path /sap/xi/engine?type=entry.

Concerning the URL configuration, can you tell me where exactly i should  do this configuration ?

Is in In Consumer proxy or in Consumer service ?

Thanks

Nhan Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are not using PI then we dont have to worry about Int serv settings etc. You may have already done most of it.

This is a Basis activity.

You have to configure the following web services using SOAMANAGER tcode on the ERP system. After launching this, click Webservices configuration. In the search pattern for Service Definition, enter "EET*" and click go. You will see the following two Services.
1.EmployeeTimeAgreementERPPlannedWorkingTimeProvisionsByEmployeeQueryResponse_In
2.EmployeeTimeCalendarERPWorkingTimeSpecificationsByEmployeeQueryResponse_In

Make sure that in the transport settings tab, you select "Local System Call". This is the key as we are not using PI. This setting should be done in all web services and the proxies.

After creating the services, we have to create the Proxies. For this change the "Search by" to "Consumer Proxy" and search for "CO_CATS*Employ*" You will see the following two

1.CO_CATSEMPLOYEE_TIME_AGREEMENT (corresponds to first WebService)
2.CO_CATS_EMPLOYEE_TIME_CALENDAR (corresponds to second WebService)

Create the proxies.

For all these to work, you have to set Web Services Navigator (name of the tab too) enter the SLD server name and after this enter this ERP server name in the SLDs white list. (open SLDServerHost/nwa -> SOA Management tab -> SOA Middleware Global Settings -> WS Navigaror)

HTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

This is the screenshot of SLDCHECK. Everything is green. Thanks again for your time. Nhan Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the role of your HR system in SLD? I m seeing HR system is registered already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,.

I've removed the entry from Corresponding Integration Server. I was abled to ping the URL and as you noticed we added the binding at the end of the URL.

We continued to receive the same errors when invoking the record working time WDA application. Here are they based on value used in Role of Business

System NOt yet configured : System error: System not configured as XI Integration Engine

Application system : System error: URL to call the Integration Server is missing on t

Integration Server :System error: Proxy calls are not permitted on sender or receiver

Please note that we successfully tested both Provider and Consumer services in SE80 after specifying generic sap userid passwd for authentification

Thx, Nhan Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nhan,  Definitely option 1 is correct for local call.  System Not yet configured : System error: System not configured as XI Integration Engine   Now I think, we need to check SLD settings. Can u run "SLDCHECK" in ur ECC system. Specify the SLD ID, the Business System ID of the connected system and the connection data.  Thanks, Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arprit,

Option 1 was set to None (HTTP). 2. Can you show where/how to remove that entry, 3. i have an error HTTP401 unauthorized why trying the URL.

Thx,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SXMB_ADM & go to global setting to remove that entry. R u using URL which I have given you in last post? I think ur URL is correct but check server name & port.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arprit,

Here are all the settings for the service provider 'EETMEAGR_PWTP_EE_QR' and for the consumer proxy 'CO_CATSEMPLOYEE_TIME_AGREEMENT'

Thx,

Nhan Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok try this.. 1. Under service use "None" (http) 2. Remove entry from "Corresponding Integ. Server" 3. I think link is correct  http://hsape06ci.hydro.qc.ca:8036/sap/bc/srt/xip/sap/eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_qr/335/eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_qr/eet... Did you ping it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

I still have the same error message ' System error : system not configured as XI intergration engine'

The URL  Access Path  is now 

http://<hostname>:8036/sap/bc/srt/xip/sap/eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_qr/335/eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_qr/eetmeagr_pwtp_...

The role of business has been set to Not yet configured.

Any configuration is missing ?

Thx,

Nhan Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send me all screen snaps for eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_qr setting & Consumer proxy settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

I've replaced WSDL URL of CO_CATSEMPLOYEE_TIME_AGREEMENT by the SICF URL of  the service  'eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_qr'. http://<;hostname>:8036/sap/bc/srt/xip/sap3eetneagr_pwtp_ee_qr/335/eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_pr?sap-client=335

The new URL configured in the cosumer proxy  is

/sap/bc/srt/xip/sap/eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_qr/335/eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_qr?sap-client=335

Do i have to specify the host name and port number in this url ?

The field Computer Name is equal to blank now.

Role of Business System should be set to  'NOT YET COINFIGURED' or 'APPLICATION SYSTEM'.

Thx,

Nhan Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Added service binding in URL  http://:8036/sap/bc/srt/xip/sap3eetneagr_pwtp_ee_qr/335/eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_pr?sap-client=335/service/b.....  Role of Business system just keey NOT  YET CONFIGURED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arprit,

When role of business system is 'APPLICATION SYSTEM' .  We received an system error message : SYSTEM ERROR : NO RECEIVER COULD BE DETERMINED.

By changing the role of business system to 'NOT YET CONFIGURED' (as you suggested), We received the system error : SYSTEM NOT CONFIGURED AS XI INTEGRATION ENGINE.

The URL path for CO_CATSEMPLOYEE_TIME_AGREEMENT is configured as :  sap/bc/srt/wsdl?wsdl&mode=sap_wsdl&style=document

By having style=document at end of URL path. We did not observe any change in the behavior.

Thx,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nhan,

It is good that you got this message. We have got this one too.

"By changing the role of business system to 'NOT YET CONFIGURED' (as you suggested), We received the system error : SYSTEM NOT CONFIGURED AS XI INTEGRATION ENGINE."

I think your URL access path under port for Consumer Proxy (CO_CATSEMPLOYEE_TIME_AGREEMENT) is incorrect.

Let me know what settings you have under port "Transport Settings" & other details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Thanks again for your answer. Yes, i think my problem is the URL. But i don't how to obtain the right one. Do you have any idea ?.   I've tried few combinaisons without succeed.

Here is an exemple, how i got the URL: 

By doing a test connection on the service /sap/bc/srt/wsil.   I got the following WSDL URL

<name> EETMECAL_WTS_EE_QR</swdlName>

<wsdl> http://<hostmante>:8036/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/srvc_8EB2D7E12DDE1ED1B9F7D1511F085602/wsdl11/service/ws_poli...-client=335</wsdl>

</service>

In my 'Transport Settings' tab of the proxy  CO_CATSEMPLOYEE_TIME_AGREEMENT.  I've used the same url  

URL Access Path:  sap/bc/srt/wsdl/srvc_8EB2D7E......../wsdl11/service/ws_policy/document?sap-client=355     

Computer name of Access URL : http://<hostname>

Port Number of Access URL: 80

URL Protocol Information : HTTP

Logon Language : Language of User Context

Make Local Call : Local System Call

Transport Binding Type : SOAP 1.1

Maximun Wait for WS Consumer : 0

Optimimized XML Transfer : None

Comprress HTTP Message : Inactive

Comprerss Response : True

Please let me know if this is the proper way to obtain the URL.

Regards,
Nhan Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are using local system with out PI so no need to use WSDL URL in consumer proxy.  The Concept behind is your consumer proxy will call service back in local system hence just use your SICF URL for service "eetmeagr_pwtp_ee_qr" with client info.  Do not put anything under Company Name because it is local.