cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict time booking against person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have assigned person to the activities. These persons neither part of project team nor planned in work center. Now the business process demands frequent shifting of person from one activity to another, but  if i have posted confirmation against  any person using CATS then that person can not be de-assigned from the activity. Let say Person 'A' has already  worked on activity 'X' for 10 Hrs and project manager wants to restrict further time booking for person 'A' on activity 'X'.

How can i achieve this.

Please reply..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you assign a person to an activity you can define a relationship period for the particular person. Say for e.g. you assign a person to an activity on 13.08.2012 and want him to book timesheet only till 20.08.2012. You can define the relationship period as 13.08.2012 to 20.08.2012.

I suppose, this should restrict the person from booking his timesheet beyond 20.08.2012. To understand more on this go through SAP Help once. Its explained clearly there. Alternatively you can also get in touch with your HR consultant and understand this.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for ur reply. Can you pls tell me where i can define this relationship period. And , will this relationship period valid for all those activities to which this person is assigned?. Let say ,

Person 'A' is assigned to three  activities  'X' , 'Y' and 'Z'   and now i manitained a relationship period 01.08.2012 to 30.09.2012, so will this period be aplicable for all three activities or can i maintain different relatonship period for different activities?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for ur reply. Can you pls tell me where i can define this relationship period. And , will this relationship period valid for all those activities to which this person is assigned?. Let say ,

Person 'A' is assigned to three  activities  'X' , 'Y' and 'Z'   and now i manitained a relationship period 01.08.2012 to 30.09.2012, so will this period be aplicable for all three activities or can i maintain different relatonship period for different activities?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to personnel assignments tab in network activity.

there you can assign the persons for a limited period for a said activity.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahedra,

I have assigned person to activity in person assignment tab , but i cannot find any option to put end date there.

Please suggest..

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use cmp2 tcode and enter network then execute transaction system will show network with all activity then you select activity then you have to do assigned, availability check for manpower type of activities where you have define time with date format 01.08.2012 to 30.09.2012.

when you will assigned that person to any other activity system assume and give error that person is not available for time period 01.08.2012 to 30.09.2012. this is the restriction of the system.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When person was assigned on the same page you will see the assignment dates also.

change the finish date.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Yes, there is a Date field, but how will i define it as a start or finish date?.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akhil,

you can see two sets of dates which were defaulted. try changing finish date and save.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

I am on person assignemnt tab of activity there i can see only single field for the date, now how can i define this field as a finish date.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess Sudhakar is talking about the finish date field in the CMP2 transaction. When you select an activity in CMP2 and try to assign a resource you will see 2 sets of date. Try changing these dates and test.

See if it helps.