cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

characteristic value screen width

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Characteristics in CT04 and elsewhere the 30 characters is pretty slim, but even the documentation is humorous "If a characteristic has data type "character" (CHAR), you can maintain a language-dependent description for values. This description can be up to 30 characters long, regardless of the number you enter here.

It feels very dated.

Is there any option or plan to increase the width of the Characteristic Value Assignment screen?  Maybe some influence for the next version to take advantage of modern resolutions?

Has anyone increased the width of these without jeopardizing the integrity of the system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Straz,

Please review notes

554086 Modification: Length of charactrstc/charactrstc values > 30 , which provides you with information on how to increase the length of characteristics.

After the note please ensure you have note

877032 Modification: Length of characteristic/char value > 30.

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks very much amber, I did not search service well enough.  I skimmed through this and I wonder does it also increase the width of CU50 and configuration inside of a sales order?  It does not explicitly state it or I missed it.  of course we would test pretty heavily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Straz,

I would imagine , it should. But I am not too sure honestly as I havent tested it ever but yes you said testing will help ...

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, we might consider that in an enhancement this year.  We'll recommend updating the note documentation if it does increase the form width etc.  if it does not then we probably won't even transport it because there would be little point in doing so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, Thanks for the input. We will check that internally and update the note accordingly.

Regards

Amber

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

straz straz,

can you please share business scenario which need to have values more then 30 characterstics?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

Because current presentation only consumes 20% of screen and the business would benefit greatly from having more descriptive information in the value field.  Some descriptions are very long and precise, and when they need to abbreviate them often it looks bad and can cause confusion.  i will check the notes amber linked; good news.