cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Script Barcode Help

former_member422932
Participant
0 Kudos

I know how to get a barcode to print in a SAP Script.  My requirement is to generate a SAP Script with a barcode that gets e-mailed.  The problem we are running into is when the SAp Script is created for email the PDF doesn't know how to interpret the barcode.Can anyone tell me if this is possible and how to do it?

Thanks,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

You can generate the output of the SAP Script into OTF format and then to PDF, there it might take barcode correctly. Can you try this one. Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Harsha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member422932
Participant
0 Kudos

All of the information provieded has been useful and I will award points.  First, if I send the output to a printer that can print barcodes the form prints fine.  I tried converting the form to OTF and then to PDF, but no luck.  I look at note 430887 and then implemetned note 1558595.  Now, my problem is when I try to generate the form so that it goes via e-mail, the output is successful, nothing is in showing up in transaction SOST. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

The barcode that your are generating out of SAPscript - Does it show up on the spool? Very often SAPscript just invokes the barcode font on the printer. If it does show on the spool then the above suggestions will work. If it does not then unfortunately this cannot be achieved as the barcode fonts are at the printer level and not from SAP. 

Regards,

Shravan

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are converting with SAPScript, there is workaround for it.
Please check SAP note 430887.

Regards,

David