Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production system crash while applying support package SAPKB73101

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I met a big problem while applying support package on our production system.

we have dev/qas/prd, dev and qas system were installed as central system and prd system was installed as MSCS HA system.

System is ERP 6.0 EHP6 based on Netweaver 7.3 EHP1, database is SQL Server 2008 R2

When I applying basis support package SAPKB73101, system dump. When I logon to system again, GUI even can not be logged on, it directly lead me to a ABAP dump, all tcodes can not be executed...

the ABAP dump information is like:

Category               ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors         SYNTAX_ERROR

ABAP Program           SAPLPRGN_URL_GENERATION     (the ABAP program name differs if I execute different tcode)

Application Component  BC-SEC-AUT-PFC

the only tcode that I can run is STMS, I choose entry SAPKB73101 and then check the transport log, found that it stopped at phase "IMPORT",  and the detail error log is:

SQL error 701 occured: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]There is insufficient system memory in resource pool '

Internal error: sql_close2() called twice

Please contact the SAP support.

the database runs ok, I am not sure whether this is the cause for this issue.

I tried to restart the server and still problems exists.

Could anyone give some suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Fresman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

just an info for others with same problems.

we are facing nearly the same problem. two solaris installations run fine and the windows 2008 r2 crashes at kb73101. in the forum we found several threads about this package.

you can come over it with SUM or by console. i did it with an update of the database-statistic and the commandline - quite strange.

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

sorry that these are not the cause for this issue...

It's really strange that for DEV and QAS it's ok, however for PRD, the process is definitely the same but we got this critical problem...

System can not be used since all tcodes can not be executed include something like SM21,St22.. once I logon to SAPGUI, ABAP dump displayed...

Freshman

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your import of basis support package  is not completed . Hence you may get runtime errors  if you run basis transaction codes like ST22, SM21 etc. Hence when a support package is updated , it is expected to lock all users and only SPAM should be executed unless you face any issues .

You need to complete the MAIN IMPORT phase of SPAM. What I suggest is update the MSS DBSL (file dbmssslib.dll in the kernel directory)  to the latest patch level . Before you change the DBSL library , shutdown the sap instance . If you have issues , please update the entire kernel to the latest patch level and then retry the import with SPAM.

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dey,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I think the huge amount of ABAP dump were caused by the in-completion of SAPKB73101, however I even can not use tcode SPAM, it also lead me to the ABAP dump, and I tried to import it use tp command on OS level, but it was forbidden by SAP per note 1269395.

is there only one way to solve this problem - to re-install the database instance?

Does this problem related with HA structure? since DEV and QAS is definitely OK.

Thank you very much.

Freshman

0 Kudos

Hi,

how looks the abap dump info as you run SPAM TCD? Is it similar to above (syntax error)?

Regards,

Ilya

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check there is enough space availabe on disk to write SQL logs.

If not then backup log manually and try again.

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fresman,

Did you check SAP Note 1542123 - Memory Leak in SQL Server 2008 R2 Network Access Client.

If not, please have a look. I think its related to your problem.

Cheers!!!

Prashant

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Sorry that my SQL Server is 2008R2 SP1, as I checked the patch level is bigger than the one specified in the notes, so I think this is not the cause, Thank you so mcuh for your kind suggestion.

Best regards,

Freshman

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if any of the SP is unfinished. If yes, try to import it using command line.

Thanks,

Sharib Tasneem