cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JVM 6's JDK installation procedure for NWDS 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

how is the SAP JVM 6's JDK installation procedure for NWDS 7.3 und Windows 7, please?

At Installation Guide for the NWDS I found the note regarding the option SAP JVM instead of the Oracle JVM.

The installation of Oracle JVM is quite simple (setup.exe) but how ist process here for SAP JVM.

I couldn't find any documentation regarding the installation process under windows.

As well no exe file at downloaded sar file.

Only "vcredist_x86.msi"???

Download SAP JVM6 vom Service Market Place

Support Packages and Patches --> A-Z Index -->N > SAP NETWEAVER> SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.3--> Entry by Component --> Application Server Java --> SAP JVM 6.1--> Windows Server on IA32 32bit--> SAPJVM6_42-10006998.SAR

Please, could anyone help me here?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAPJVM6_42-10006998.SAR file is an archive that needs to be extracted with the SAPCAR.EXE utility. Place both files in the same folder and from the command prompt, type in "SAPCAR -xvf SAPJVM6_42-10006998.SAR" to extract the archive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

excuse me but the question was regarding the setup of SAP JVM.

The archive unzip process is clear and already known for me.

In the mean time I found the installation process must be only a copy and paste for the SAP JVM. I copied all extracted files under ...\exclipse\jre and NWDS starts without any errors. Could you confirm this approach?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jochen,

I dont recall if I had to do that.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just extract, that's it.

you just specify the sap jvm location in the SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini

-vm

d:\Tool\SAP\sapjvm_6\bin\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

great, many thanks! In the mean time, I learned you have only to copy paste the whole SAP JVM files under ...\eclipse\jre\ , that's it. NWDS works fine. The path ...\eclipse\jre\ is the default path and no adjustments required at SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini. If you use a different path, adjustment required at ini file.

Regards,

Jochen

Answers (0)