cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config put away after PGR of inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

If I process goods receipt via an inbound deliverey, it is standard setting I have to do put away before post goods receipt. And I 'd like to know how to change it to put away after post goods receipt?

Thanks a lot!

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

If I process goods receipt via an inbound deliverey, it is standard setting I have to do put away before post goods receipt

- No it is not standard you should always do putaway after GR.  You can process putaway before GR also and then you can reconsile your negative stock entries in WM with GR.

And I 'd like to know how to change it to put away after post goods receipt?

- You can use VL06I to do process putaway or LT03 against your Inbound delivery once you made setting suggested by Kamal.

Thanks,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip, Kamai

Yes, I have already config the stategies. But if I process goods Receipt via an inbound delivery, system do not allow me to PGR before put away. If I post the Inbound, there is two error message "

Delivery has not yet been put away / picked (completely)" and "

Delivery has not yet been completely processed by WM". And I remember the Inbound delivery can be post first, then use LT03 for put away.

Thanks.

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per SAP, when you are performing with Inbound deliveries first you have to perform Putaway and then you can perform GR w.r.t. inbound delivery in IM.

You can see below screenshot:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamai

I used to work in a company used SAP, I am the super user of WM. Their SAP process is GR via Inbound delivery and PGR before put away. So I am looking for the configaration. But that company used HU managment, is this the reason they can PGR before put away?

Thanks

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, it is a standard process to perform putaway before Goods receipt. You need not to have special configuration for this process, if you have configured putway search strategies then that will work for this aswell.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

whether you receive material via inbound delivery or directly GR against PO, if you want to have automatic putaway (automatic search of storage type, section & bin) then you have to customize for putaway strategy. you can do it in 'Warehouse management........stategies'.

First you have to define search for storage type, then if you have multiple storage section you have to prioritize them.

BR