cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Requirements For Transfer Of Requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In customizing for SD you have the option to "Maintain Requirements For Transfer Of Requirements".

I believe this would suit our need to default requirement types dependant of the distribution channel.

However it is not clear to me where to assign the created requirement.

My guess would be on sales doc type or item category level, but I couldn't find any entry field there.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Geert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I need to be a bit more specific on the requirement.

Strategy group = 40 with requirement type VSF (ind. req.) and KSV (Cust. req.).

My client works in 2 distribution channels:

- For the standard sales (DC 01) the confirmed quantities should reduce the independent requirement quantity, so KSV is the correct requirement type (it shows by default on the sales item).

- For aftersales (DC 04) the independent requirement should not be reduced with the SO quantity and not KSV is wanted, but 011.

In my opinion it should be possible to override the default KSV with 011 in case the distribution channel is 04. The SPRO activity below looks suitable:

Alternative could be maybe to change progam MV45AFZZ / user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE.

Please advise.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Greert,

In my opinion you not able to it

In standard you dont have option of  maintain the based on distribution channel

Requirement type = MRP+ Requirement class

Requirement assign to strategy

Strategy assign in material master

Only one strategy can assign to material master

Regards

Ramesh

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Geert,

Yes. If you create a new Requirement & assign the same at Maintain Requirements for Transfer Of Requirements, it will be possible to override the standard KSV.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To determine the requirement type system does the following attempts

1. Through the Strategy group in Material master

2. if not through the MRP group

3. if not using by Material type

4. if not the system assumes a special rule and attempts to find a requirements type with the aid of the item category and the MRP type

5. If this is not possible, a last attempt is made to find a requirements type with the item category only

6. If the last attempt fails, the system declares the transaction as not relevant for the availability check or transfer of requirements.

Requirement type is not based Distribution channel it is mainly based Item category+MRP type

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greet ,

you can maintain in strategy  FYI see the Screen shot

Regards,

Ramesh

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hope you know the use of Requirements in Pricing.

Almost silimar is the use of Requirements in transfer of Requirements. E.g. If a Sales Order is Blocked for Credit Check then Transfer of Requirements from SD to PP should not take place.

Similarly, your client may have some custom requirements which need to be fullfilled before passing the Requirments from SD. Say, Incomplete Pricing. In case if the Pricing is incomplete in Sales Order, the Transfer of Requirements should not happen.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

need to default requirement types dependant of the distribution channel.

Your requirement is not clear.  Please brief little more clearly.  For information, you cannot achieve based on Distribution Channel.

G. Lakshmipathi