SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete FM actual and commitment data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FM experts,

Currently, there are 2 approaches in deleting the FM actual and commitment data.

(a) FM_DLFM

(b) FM_DLOI and followed by FM_DLFI

For your information, our system has performed fiscal year carry forward for open goods receipt in the past year end closing.

I am trying to determine the most suitable approach to delete the data in current PRD system. Due to certain defects, it is decided that we need to remove all FM data and re-construct back the data. If we follow the approach (a), it will delete FMIOI, FMIT, FMIFIIT, FMIFIHD but I am not sure if it deletes the data like in FMCCFD. My most concern part on FM_DLFM is the impact on data consistencies for fiscal year change.

For (b), I understand that FM_DLFI will try to synchronise back the data on fiscal year change documents after deleting them. In OSS, it seems that there are more patches and notes on the FM_DLFI. I have no idea if the FM_DLFM program is up to date and ready to be use as a deletion method in PRD (SAP info says that it is only advised to be run in Test client).

Hence, I have no full confident on the (a) at the moment although it seems to be the easiest approach for execution.

Please give me some tips if you have done any FM full deletion in your organisation. All tips and lessons are welcome! Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ben Ng

1 REPLY 1

iklovski
Active Contributor

Hi,

I must admit that full deletion of FM data in Production system is very rare event. SAP, naturally, does not recommend using deletion programs in Production environments, but nevertheless, if you are sure about your actions, the programs that you have mentioned will do the job for you. The first is more general while DLOI/DLFI concentrate on commitment/actual data. An execution of FMAF transaction to reconstruct FMIT might be required as well as AVC reconstruction. Please, notice that full reconstruction, especially of FI documents via FMN0, might be tricky as the reconstruction programs are not perfect and you might encounter certain cases where the reconstruction won't be possible. You have first to test such an exercise in some environment which is a copy of your production system before doing the REAL thing.

Regards,

Eli