cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Settings in SAP PI 7.3 after System Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are installing SAP PI 7.3 here. After media installation by BASIS team, what all other things an SAP PI consultant should maintain/configure(initially before start working on scenarios) ?

Since I have worked on SAP PI scenarios where the SAP PI server was completely ready(set up). This is the 1st time I'm working on completely new SAP PI system.

So please guide me at the earliest.

Thanks,

Amit Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me the step by step settings/configurations that I need to maintain in fresh SAP PI system (right from scratch) ? Since I have not done this procedure earlier. I always worked on ready-made SAP PI system.

We have installed SAP PI 7.31 version.

Thanks,

Amit Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you seen below doc for installing pi:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-17530

Can anybody tell me the step by step settings/configurations that I need to maintain in fresh SAP PI system (right from scratch) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This document explains more of "How to set up demo examples?"

But I want to do initial settings in fresh SAP PI 7.31 system post-installation. Since I have not done this before at all, I need the help step by step.

I am aware of what all things to be done in fresh SAP PI system like

1. RFC connections between ECC-PI and CRM-PI,
  2. SLD connections between ECC-PI and CRM-PI,
  3. Maintain Integration and Application Systems in SLD,
  4. Checking Adapter & Integration Engine Status in PI,
  5. Etc.

Please I need help desperately. -

Thanks,

Amit Patil

Message was edited by: Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm really stuck here. I'm completely blank at this stage.

Since our SAP PI 7.31 system is ready, what all things I need to maintain/configure/check now before I start with the developments in ESR & ID ???

What and where initial settings I need to maintain/configure in fresh SAP PI 7.31 system?

Please help me out of this.

Thanks,

Amit Patil

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It is not really clear what you are requesting.

If the system is installed and the post install configuration wizards are successfully completed, then your system is ready to develop scenarios in the ESR and ID. You have already been referenced note #817920 which walks you through the basic checks to insure the PI system is correctly configured. Have you completed these checks?

If you want to know how to configure specific scenarios e.g. how to set up a proxy Business System, then you need to clearly state your requirements.

I recommend that you close this thread and open a new one which clearly outlines what you want to do.

Regards

Mark

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

There are 3 main areas when doing an install:

1. Server preparation and system installation - Basis
  2. Apply the latest Support Packs and Patches - Basis
  3. Run the post install Configuration wizards - Basis and/or PI Consultant (see note #1309239 Configuration Wizard: PI NetWeaver initial setup)

Regards

Mark

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

For post installation steps, you can refer to SAP Library - Configuring Process Integration (PI) After Installation.For Readiness check use the readiness check document(ReadinessCheckFor73.pdf) available in sap note 817920. Although, most of the above activities fall into Basis area, i usually ensure that the system is ready for development use by going through these steps.You can then start work on getting your SLD objects created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Out of these settings/configurations, what all things will be done by Basis Guys? and what all things I need to do as a SAP PI consultant?

I have worked on directly fully functional SAP PI system, I'm not aware of all these pre-processings, so please guide me in this at ground level.

Thanks,

Amit Patil

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Check this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/2136162

I haven't noticed nothing new since that thread.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any update on this? I really need help on this.

Thanks,

Amit Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You first need to setup the SLD - product, technical systems, business systems, software components.

Also, you need to establish the RFC destinations in the SAP systems for Idoc\RFC\proxy connectivity.

Regards