cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Categtory ZTAN is not defined (Message no. V1321)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Consultant,

Please kindly help, why in the same Sales Order I input the similar material (different material number but the same Gen.Item Category (ZXXX), the same Material Type (ZABC), the same Material Group (Z123) etc)

But when i change the Item Category in SO, form ZXXX to ZTAN, only item 20 can be changed, while item 10 can't be change and give the error mesage:

" Item category ZTAN is not defined for this item" (Message no. V1321). As below capture screen:

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear All,

Thanks for response, i thought i didn't give clear explanation?

My Question:

"Why in the same Sales Order I input the similar material (different material number but the same Gen.Item Category (ZXXX), the same Material Type (ZABC), the same Material Group (Z123) etc)."

Example:

I have 2 material A & B which in Material Master has similar Item Category Group, similar Material type, and another data maintained are the same for both material.

But when I create sales order, i input both material A & B (default Item Category: ZXXX) and then i change the item category in Sales Order become ZTAN, but only material B successfully change, while material A give me that error message " Item category ZTAN is not defined for this item", although it was input in the same Sales Order.

It means, i already have the similar setting in VOV4 & VOV7, but why this happen only for material B?

Hopefully now my explanation give you all more cleary information.

Again, thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to maintain the alternate item category as ZTAN in VOV4 at Manual item categ. place then only  you can change the default item category proposed in the sales order.

Hope now you got clear idea

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In VA02, in the sales order, at line item level, for line item item with material A, go to field item category, press F4. Do you see an alternative as ZTAN?

If not then in VOV4, for Item category group (of material A), ZTAN is not maintained.

Note: Some times you interchanging terms "General item category group" with "Item category group". These are two DIFFERENT fields.

In VOV4, field "Item category group" is relevant. (not field "General item category group")

Could there have been some enhancements, that are prohibiting the use of ZTAN as item category for material A?

But first check F4 in sales order, as mentioned above and VOV4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasan Ramanujan,

I already set ZTAN as Manual Item Category in VOV4, just like i said before that both material A & B already have the same setting although in material master and alsto in VOV7 & VOV4.

But why this error occured only for material B? while they have similar data maintain in material master and inputted in the same Sales Order (same Order Type for sure).

Thank you.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sd,

can you show the screen shot of item catagory how you define

And both the item are similar item or any TEXT item Or service item just let us know

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check and test what TW said is correct. General item category group is different from Item category group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T W,

In Sales Order at Item Category field at line item, for material A there's no alternative for ZTAN (only 1 option: ZXXX) but in material B there are 3 options available (ZTAN, ZXXX, ZYYY).

Both material A & B have similar setting in VOV4, because they have the same Item Category Group, etc, all are the same.

Is there anything else, where could i check for the setting?

Thanks in advance.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sd,

Just share screen shot of  the VOV4 setting

Regards

Ramesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Both material A & B have similar setting in VOV4, because they have the same Item Category Group, etc, all are the same.

Both materials have similar (e.g. two entries) or ONE entry in VOV4?

Please confirm this.

Another point to test is in the MMR in MM03 / 2, check what is the Sales organization and Distribution channel for Tab Sales:sales org 2; for the field "Item category group".

Check:

1. In your sales order, what is the Sales org and Distribution channel?

2. In your MMR (both for materials A and B), for the same (as in sales order) Sales org and Distribution channel, what is the Item category group?

3. In VOV4, what entry / ies are maintained for this item category group.......etc. + Item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below the screen capture. Thank you.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delete the second line (reference your screenshot) i.e. Z2, ZXXX, ....,ZXXX, ZTAN

and save.

Then create a new sales order, both material shall have the same options for alternate item category.

PS: What you have maintained is incorrect and would not be saved in the system. The error message would be:

Target key must be different from source key

Message no. SV015

Diagnosis

You have attempted to save a copied entry without changing the key.

System Response

The entry cannot be saved.

Procedure

Change the key so that it is different from the source key or use the function Skip to remove the entry.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, already solved.

jena-shree1234
Discoverer
0 Kudos

How you solve this error, can you plz suggest

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI SD Consult,

All are similar answer just look at the past threats as suggested YEOW

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Item category determination procedure in Tcode VOV4

Sales doc.type+ Item category group + Usage of item + Higher level item category => default item category

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

first check the VOV7 here  ZTAN item category is created or not , once created check the  item category determination , based on you order type item category group, usage , higher level item category ,

once you create the item category ZTAN at VOV7, then assign the this item category, at VOV4 for your ZXXX item category level, Manual entry's allowed for item category (MItca)  fiedl

like your VOV4

order type   item category group usage   higher level item category   default  item category  MItca

or                norm               -                          -                                   zxxx                   ztan

and also maintain same as ZTAN item category determination

please check this

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SD Consult

Check the item category group in your material , check the determination  as in with that particular document type + material item category group . Check whether there is an entry for ZTAN in VOV4 , if there is then check the manual item category .

Regards

JNM