cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Easy DMS 7.1.2.6 cannot open files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to install the latest versions of SAP GUI (7.30) and Easy DMS (7.1.2.6) and having an issue with Easy DMS.

We can log into Easy DMS but when we want to display/view a file e.g. by double-click, we're getting the following error message:

File C:\Users\MyUser\.....\MyFile.pdf has not been checked out

If we want to use the feature "Display with SAP GUI", SAP GUI is starting up. But when we want to double-click the file in SAP GUI, Windows Explorer is crashing.

Do you have any idea how we can solve this?

We are using Windows 7 64bit

We did not had any issue with Windows XP and the earlier versions of SAP GUI and Easy DMS.

Btw: When we double-click the file in Easy DMS, the folders in the working directory (temp folder) will be created but the file will not be downloaded at all.

Best regards,

Severin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you solve this by any chance? We are facing the same problem.

Any help from Christoph?

BR, Petri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my late reply. Yes, we finally solved this issue.

We have our SAP environment in a separate domain. The Kpro server names are too long for SAP. In CSADMIN, we had to change the location of the Kpro server from using the DNS name to use the IP address. After that, it was working again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to set use_sapgui parameter with value 2. Let's see what happens?

Regards

Beserithan Malabakan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this, but its also not working. In the meantime I was also able to create an SAP Support-Case and they were refering to the SAP Note 1674433 but it didn't solve the problem.

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to run these in Windows XP SP3 or Vista compatibility mode?

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the Easy DMS can not be run with this parameter as it is integrated into the Windows Explorer and its not a standalone application.

Any other thoughts?