cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer master record repetition

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to find a way to make the system to auto prevent customer master record from being repeated or created again

i have searched a lot and i did not find anything on the matter please advice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i am filling the tax number field

Former Member
0 Kudos

i seen the links they solve the problem partially and the tax number field is not unique 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahmoud,

There is no foolproof solution in standard SAP.  Any foolproof solution will have to be created by you and your company, with enhancements.

In the programming where you execute your solution, you first have to define EXACTLY what constitutes an 'un-duplicated' customer.  This is not as trivial as it sounds.  I speculate that this is the reason SAP has never attempted to provide this solution.

Most companies instead rely on end user policies and procedures to solve this problem.  From a business perspective, having a small number of duplicated customer accounts does not adversely affect the workings of the system. 

In the threads cited by expert Mauro, there are also some measures described that will reduce the likelihood of duplication.  However, as long as humans are inputting the data, there is little possibility to actually eliminate duplications.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

i found a solution using the vat registration number and changing the error message f2141 to be just a warning thanks

Answers (0)