cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Stack down in solution manager with error msg "partner '127.0.0.1:sapgw01' not reached" in default trace file of server 0

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Guys,
We have a dual stack solution manager system running 7.1 Sp05. The system had been running fine till recently the java stack came down all of a sudden and has been refusing to budge ever since. The most common exception is that i am getting sapgateway not reched in default trace file of server 0. Detailed error description is

.[cf=com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence][md=searchPrincipalDatabags()][cl=null]#J2EE_GUEST#0##78E667C6E10211E1BA330015179469EE#44B98735E11A11E19D3D000000B4605E-0#78e667c6e10211e1ba330015179469ee#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_10##0#0#Error##Java###An exception was thrown in the UME/ABAP user management connector. This exception might be caused by incorrect user input. It is written to the trace to assist incident analysis by SAP. Only messages also appearing in the log require administrator assistance.
[EXCEPTION]
{0}#1#com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed
Connect_PM  TYPE=A ASHOST=localhost SYSNR=01 GWHOST=localhost GWSERV=sapgw01 PCS=1

LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode
ERROR       partner '127.0.0.1:sapgw01' not reached
TIME        Wed Aug  8 07:31:13 2012
RELEASE     720
COMPONENT   NI (network interface)
VERSION     40
RC          -10
MODULE      nixxi.cpp
LINE        3286
DETAIL      NiPConnect2: 127.0.0.1:3301
SYSTEM CALL connect
ERRNO       111
ERRNO TEXT  Connection refused
COUNTER     77

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.r3persistence.R3JCo640Proxy$Client640.execute(R3JCo640Proxy.java:473)
at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence.doBapiUserExistenceCheck(R3Persistence.java:7895)
at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence.getExistenceCheckResult(R3Persistence.java:2749)
at

Other kinds of errors that i have been seeing are " Java message id too long", "connector initialization error", "socket exception error" or p4 vm exception.
We had recently upgraded solution manager from sp04 to sp05 and i had recently deployed to IS agent files version 8 & 9. But even after that the system was working fine. The server went down all of a sudden. Even though the error point to sapgateway being down still i can see in SMGW as it being working fine. Enteries in config tool are also ok.
Request you to please guide me in resolving this.
Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your suggestions. The issue reason has been tracked and resolved. There was a line in server0 log, where there was a reference to sql connection line and a tablespace reference. On further investigation it was found that PSAPSR3DB tablespace was full.

After extending the tablespace the java server has successfully started and the issue has been resolved.

Thanks Adam and Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your system part of High Availability Setup?

it looks to me that one of the cluster node is not reachable.

Please in the Cluster

Regards

Chandra

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to check first if hostname/port resolution works well, if gateway is running and if it can be reached at all.

Attache the outcom of these commands:

- niping -v -H localhost 

(this has to resole localhost as 127.0.0.1)

- niping -v -S sapgw01

(this has to resolve sapgw01 as 3301)

- niping -v -H 3301

(this has to resolve 3301 as sapgw01)

- niping -c -H localhost -S sapgw01

(this has to come back with 'connection to server OK' or similar)

And attach dev_rd, too.

Best regards,

Adam Csaba Goetz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Since the environment i work in does not allow me to copy text of the os as it is a logmein rempote access, therefore i am pasting the screenshots of the commands you had asked.

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Good news: the gateway can be reached on localhost:sapgw01 (connect to server o.k.). This is the status today. But five days earlier (08.08.2012) it was not available...

Restart J2EE from SMICM -> Administratton -> J2EE instance (local) -> Restart -> Yes.

Best regards,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

I tried restarting Java. It is still not working. Java is not starting up. Any other solution that you can suggest?