cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Event Management integrated with GPS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I would like to know if anybody has experienced an integration between SAP Event Management and GPS devices.

If yes would you please share with me your experience. Is this feasible? What it takes to integrate them together? How it looks like? etc.

Thanks and Best Regards

Khaldoun AL NAJJAR

khaldoun.alnajjar@sap.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I had worked on a project where we had business requirement to capture events from GPS device.

The integration was done using device translator providing XML file format to the SAP PI/XI system. Once in SAP PI/XI using PI adapter we can trigger the EM standard interface to post the event message on the SAP Event Handler.

Hope this helps.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sandeep,

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you know how long it took to implement this overall solution? Was it long time ago?

Thanks and Best Regards

Khaldoun

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Khaldoun,

based from my experience it is very difficult to generalize the duration of a SAP EM project. I had customer going live within one month as they used an existing visibility process. But in other projects it takes one year until we gone live due to complex rule set (and new activities to be written). But maybe Sandeep can answer the question on the GPS project.

I was once in a project where we build a prototype for GPS coordinates. We also used PI system and mapped them to Event Message Parameters (always the geographical coordinates for latitude/longitude). These points we used to show it on a map using the Web UI.

But again as this was just a prototype I cannot tell you anything about the project duration.

Best regards

Berthold