Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with GUSI in SAP PI

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking to get some information around implementing GUSI messages in PI. I have gone through the general information about gusi in gs1.org

How can I import the schemas, I can see that there are several schemas for a particular gusi message. I tried creating an external definition for each of the schemas and further on importing the referenced schemas. Is this the right way? This is on PI 7.0 How can I get the XML instance for the entire message?

Also is it possible to implement gusi messages using only graphical mapping?

Thanks,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How can I import the schemas, I can see that there are several schemas for a particular gusi message. I tried creating an external definition for each of the schemas and further on importing the referenced schemas. Is this the right way?

Yes, that is the correct way. You need create an external definition per schema and then use the External References tab to see if  your schema is complete. You might need to edit some schemas because not all of them are supported.

How can I get the XML instance for the entire message?

Ideally, loading the StandardBusinessDocument in your message mapping would allow you to get the whole instance. It did not work for me though, so I tweaked the xsd a bit so that the message gets loaded in PI.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Answers (0)