cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispaly error message in PPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where i have to validate an item status.we need to check some condition before we release the item status as 'RELEASED'. Have implementation BADI and populated the error message to standard msg class CL_RPM_MESSAGE_SERVICES .the given error log in the badi is getting displayed correctly on the portal but when we press the button save the data is getting saved.The save control is still processing after i am done the populated error msg to class.i need to stop the save process....

used  BADI PM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS...plz let me know if u have anything.....if anyone know abt the creating the exception class and how to use the standard exception to stop this process plz share....

Thanks

Praba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabakaran,

I think you can use the method PREPARE_TO_SAVE and in there write messages via the message handler cl_rpm_message_services plus raise an exception of type

cx_rpm_object_update_error.

When a project is saved (cProjects) the right place to add the coding is a subsystem. You find an example implementation in class CL_DPR_DEMO_SUBSYSTEM.

Refer this: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=145031443

That will show you how you can access cProject objects (object references of the application layer) within a subsystem.

Also, go through SAP Note 448085 - PPM transfer: Tips and tricks

Hope this helps.

BR,

Yaseen