cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements date too early on delivery based on Delivery Date and weight-group-determined route

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We use route determination with weight groups in our delivery documents.  Heavy deliveries get shipped as full truckloads, which require fewer travel days than less-than-truckload deliveries.  So the heavy weight group is assigned shorter-duration routes than others.

My problem is that the heavy deliveries need their dates adjusted based on the weight-group-determined route duration.  Our deliveries get the dates (Picking, Trans. Planning, Loading, Planned GI) from the sales order, which are determined without regard to weight group.  This makes the delivery note’s Picking date too early, which translates to material requirements that are also too early.

Example.

Sales order with RDD of 8/29 has two items that will deliver together from the same plant.  Both items determine an 8-day route, and their schedule lines confirm for shipping with Delivery date = 8/29, Goods issue date = Loading date = Material avail.date = Transportation Plan. Date = 8/17.

Now I create the delivery document.  The combined weight of the two items meets the threshold for the “heavy” weight group, and the delivery document correctly determines a 4-day route.  The header-level dates of Picking, Trans. Planning, Loading, Planned GI all come in at 8/17, as does the Mat. Avail. Date on each of the items.  The Stock Requirements List (MD04) shows a requirements date of 8/17 for each item.

We have zero time configured for picking, loading, and posting for goods issue.  So each of these dates are the same.

With a 4 day route, the delivery does not need to be picked, loaded, and posted for goods issue until 8/24 in order to meet the Delivery date of 8/29.  While the Requirements date of 8/17 is certainly adequate, it is “overkill”.  It ties up inventory for several days before the requirement is due.

What configuration do I need to do so that the picking, loading, and planned goods issue dates on the delivery header adjust based on the delivery date and the weight-determined route?

Regards,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are going with the user-exit option to change the picking, loading, and PGI dates at delivery note creation.  Modified dates are based on planned delivery date minus route-days, taking factory calendar into consideration.

This solution does not change the requirements date in MD04, which remains based upon the original (and too early) PGI date from the sales order schedule line.

Not a completely satisfactory solution, but it’s better than the standard functionality. 

By the way, we used form userexit_save_document_prepare in the include program MV50AFZ1 for the user exit.

Ken

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken for updating the forum, a useful information if someone gets stuck into similar situation.

Regards,

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

While there are many SAP Notes and forum threads on route determination with weight groups, I can find none that address the issue of adjusting the planning (requirements) dates because of the re-determined route duration. 

This leads me to think that the standard system is content with the requirements date set in the sales order, and no adjustment is made to it on the subsequent delivery document.  Perhaps we are mis-using the whole concept of route determination with weight groups.

Is a user exit the only way to do this?

Regards,

Ken