cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE to legacy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario J2EE web based application to legacy. What are the possible adapters to be used. I am thinking SOAP or HTTP or Java Proxy (Sender) and File (Receiver)

I am curious as to why I would choose SOAP over Java Proxy or vice versa. Also are there any other adapters that I can use on the receiving legacy side. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megan,

i see the adapters like you:

- SOAP: If there are interfaces already build you can spare development time

- HTTP: Better performance than SOAP

- JProx: For new development may be more modern becoz of Outside-In Development

It depends on the system facilities what communication can be used. File has the handicap of limitation to only asynchronous messages.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what criteria should I use to decide between SOAP or Java Proxy?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>I am curious as to why I would choose SOAP over Java Proxy or vice versa

SOAP is more standard so you just need to create a web service on XI

(soap adapter) and call it from j2ee application

>>>> Also are there any other adapters that I can use on the receiving legacy side.

sure you can use file/ftp adapter (quite common)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megan,

Well on the sender side, if u r goin for SOAP or HTTP, it will be communication using adapters whereas if u r goin for Java Proxy, tht will adapter less communication which will better than the earlier one. But in the latter case u hv to develop a java program which will initiate the transfer in addition to wht u will be doin for configuring the scenarios.

The adapters on the legacy side depends on wht type of system it is. Lik if it is a database then go for JDBC otherwise u can go for a File adapter.

I dont think thr would be much differences between the usage of SOAP and Java Proxy, but im not sure. Securitywise both are well equipped...i mean u hv digital signatures and ssl commnicaton available.

Regards,

Akshay