cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL statements in Assistance class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can any one let me know how to proceed with writing SQL statements/Business logic in Assistance class & how to call that business logic into our webdynpro component ......

Can anyone provide me any example?

Regards

Katrice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katrice,

In assistance class we write the business logic which also contains code for hitting the database(sql statement)

For each web dynpro component we have only one assistance class but if the application you are developing may be of complex structure in that case you can design the separate api classes for each of the functionality and make call from the assistance class by creating the instance of the API class(se24 class) which will return the processed result to assistance class then from the assistance you can pass it to the web dynpro

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

You can write methods in your assistance class to hold your business logic and call the methods from your Web Dynpro Component. When you add an assistance class to your Web Dynpro Component, the attribute wd_assist becomes available to you (just like wd_this and wd_comp_controller) and you can call the assistance class methods like...

wd_assist->my_method( ).

See Web Dynpro Component DEMO_COMMON_ASSISTANCE2 for an example of using an assistance class.

Cheers,

Amy