cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Characteristic-Product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have an issue while triggering a precondition.  I have defined a reference characteristic "Product".  In the Additional Data tab, I have referred to the table MARA and filed MATNR.  In the material master, in the Classification tab, the product code is getting defaulted as I have referred to the MARA table, but while creating sales order, this product number is not coming in the configuration, because of which my precondition is not getting triggered to hide a characteristic for a particular product.  If I manually input the product code in the configurator, precondition gets triggered and the characteristics disappear. Can somebody let me know if I am missing on an assignment.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

Instead using MARA use VBAP as a table and MATNR as field. Also enter Material code as the value of the reference characteristic. When you create a sales order this material code will be defaulted and your precondition will be triggered.

Regards,

AKN

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

why dont you refer to Sales order material number instead of material number.

i am sure it will work .

please create a new characterstic refering to VBAP-MATNR and attach it to your existing material and write procedure or preconditions using this characterstic.

give it a try and come back with findings.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh

I have tried MARA-MATNR and VBAP-MATNR, it is behaving the same way. I would just like to give you a detailed scenario.

Class:

NDF_BUSINESSCARDS

Products assigned to the Class:

101, 102 and 103

Characteristics Used:

SCORING, FOLDING, CORNER ROUNDING.

My scenario is

Scoring and Folding should not apply for 101 and 102 and Corner Rounding should not apply for 101 and 103.  My precondition is hiding Corner Rounding also for 102 which should not happen.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

Did you delete/unassign the characteristic that was referenced to MARA-MATNR as having two references  for same fields can create issue in reading the value so you need to unassign MARA-MATNR. VBAP-MATNR should then be read..

Or you having an issue the value being read ?

Thanks

Amber

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

I am 100 % sure that VBAP-MATNR will work as i am using it configuration and its working fine , as soon as i open a configuration tab in sales order i can see sales order mateiral number for line item as value for this referance characterstic, please check your characterstic is it relase and have exact table and field name in additional data tab.

Class:

NDF_BUSINESSCARDS

101, 102 and 103

Characteristics Used:

My scenario is

Scoring and Folding should not apply for 101 and 102 and Corner Rounding should not apply for 101 and 103.  My precondition is hiding Corner Rounding also for 102 which should not happen.

please copy your syntex and i can suggest changes.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am testing based on your suggestions. Will get back to you shortly.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh/Amber

Kindly find below my scenario and what I have done for this scenario.

Class:

NDF_BUSINESSCARDS

101, 102 and 103

Characteristics Used:

My scenario is

I have created a reference characteristic PRODUCT but have not referenced to any table or fields. I have given my product codes as values; PRODUCT - 101, 102, 103 and assigned these values in the material master under Classification tab against the respective products so that the same will get defaulted while configuring the order. I have written a Precondition as follows:

HIDE_CORNER_ROUNDING; HIDE_SCORING; HIDE_FOLDING. These are the three preconditions.

HIDE_CORNER_ROUNDING:: PRODUCT IN ('102')

HIDE_SCORING                  :: PRODUCT IN ('103')

HIDE_FOLDING                   :: PRODUCT IN ('103')

What this is doing is; HIDE_CORNER_ROUNDING: Precondition is getting triggered correctly for 101 and 103 only which is absolutely perfect.

HIDE_SCORING and HIDE_FOLDING:  Precondition is getting triggered correctly for 101 and 102 which is also perfect.

Kindly let me know if this is correct.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

I dont see any issue with this. I believe the characteristics are getting hidden correctly ?

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amber for the confirmation, and I am closing this thread.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

every thing seems correct , so not an issue.

But have your original requirement meets for VBAP-MATNR?

please update it , if you need any futher help on that.

Thanks'

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ritesh, I shall update you here if I revert back to VBAP-MATNR

Regards

Adithya