cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation & initial configuration of SolMan 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

I am new to Solution Manager. I know the functionalities and the basic steps like defining the project, system landscape, assigning team members etc.

I have been asked to help with implementation and initial configuration of SAP's Solution Manager 4.0

we are doing a brand new implementation, making this requirement mandatory. I need assistance in determining what SM4 can do for us in our particular circumstances and guidance in configuration of communication between systems. I need guidance in establishing the communication between each of the systems and SM, determining appropriate thresholds for warning, development of automatic notification of problems (email, or perhaps even auto pages). We will also want to evaluate the pros and cons of using solution manager for change management.

Our R/3 system is at WAS 6.20 and running on MS SQL Server 2005. Solution Manager will be installed on it's own dedicated server, which we have built and loaded with the OS. We have Solution Manager 4 DVDs and the prerequisite WAS 6.40, Netweaver 2004s disks. We currently have development, QAS and production R/3, ESS Portal and Business Warehouse (BI). we also have a standby production server. All will need to be monitored using Solution Manager 4.

Can anyone help me how to go about with initial implementation and configuration. Appreciate your answers.

Thanks

Vom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Vom,

For me the better information source for a beginner is service.sap.com/rkt-solman, there is very good iTutor under the 4 different user roles that will help you with satellites connection configurations, use of the different scenarios of solman.

For configuring the selected escenarios the best is in SOLMAN->spro read the step documentation.

Also alias solutionmanager->Media Library->Documentation and Technical papers will give you more extra information.

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dolores for your answer which was informative.

Thanks a lot

Vom

Answers (0)