cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contracts Pricing Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to know in standard SAP.

If a Sales order in created in reference to contract, the pricing date gets updated as per the reference document. For example if contract has a pricing date of 4.1.2012 and i create the sales order today in reference to that contract. The pricing date on the sales order will be 4.1.2012. Now if i create a sales order the pricing date is todays date. Later on i assign the contract via VA02 it updates the pricing to reflect the contracts pricing but not the pricing date. I want to know what happens in standard SAP . Once a contract is linked afterwards, should it also update the pricing date, If not than what is the logic behind that.

Or if it is due to our system settings.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Later on i assign the contract via VA02 it updates the pricing to reflect the contracts pricing but not the pricing date

Can you please brief what exactly you were doing ??  Contract is a preceding document and Sale order is a subsequent document.  Having said this, from where you were trying to assign the contract ??  I dont think, nowhere you have the option to assign a document in change mode.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales order that come in via EDI are not assigned directly to contract. They get created and then CSR goes into the Sales order via VA02, Edit> assign COntract>Header or Item.

Once Contract is assigned, pricing gets updated but i assume, it should also updated the pricing date to reflect the contract date. But it is not.