cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different patch levels on GRC 10.0 and Plug-in system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I know this has been discussed but is there a real issue if the SP versions vary on GRC 10 and it's plugin systems.

As we are planning to upgrade our GRC system to SP9 and we are planning to keep the plug in systems with SP7(due to business restrictions).

We are already live with user provisioning so we just wanted to see if this will create an issue or if someone has implemented such kind of scenario.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

The best practice is to keep both GRC system and plugin system on same patch level.

I dont think this will create any issue in working of your GRC system i.e provisioning , spm etc.

You will be deprived of the new corrections in Plugin systems related to GRC 🙂

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Regards,

Victor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Victor and Nandita..Appreciate the reply..I think this is what I was looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is actually mandatory, rather than best practice, to have SP levels synced across the GRC and Plug-In components, or else the risk is higher of the functions not operating at all.

This restriction is abit of a nightmare to deal with especially in a large organisation which plans to have many satellite systems connected to the GRC tool. Not all systems are allowed to have the plug-in's upgraded in a single sweep etc (Change Freeze, Production restrictions etc), therefore it is a logistical challenge I've seen a few large organisations face.

If SAP could enable compatibility with a range of Support pack levels, like it is possible with BW (I think) , then that would make Support Pack upgrades slightly easier on complex GRC landscapes. Not sure if this is being considered in the next wave of development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Please refer to the atatched SAP Note-
1352498-Support Pack Numbering - GRC Access Control
and the excel sheet attached with the note for detailed
information on the Support Pack Level  between the GRC Box and the Plug-in system.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Nandita