cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration-Listing of Characteristic Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While configuring a KMAT material in the sales order, our customer does not want to use F4 to search for the values of a particular charateristic.  Is there any standard configuration from a functional point of view which will list out the values for the user to just select instead of pressing the F4 key.

Kindly let me know if this is possible at all.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

as suggested by Amber, you can set default values using $SET_DEFAULT, and if user want he/she can change it using F4.

Otherwise hhere is only one way to generate Pop Up thats too is a work around.

set this specific characterstic as a required one using " entry required indicator" once you have done it , when you will create sales order there will be a popup for configuration , on configuration tab user will assign values as per his/her choice and the when he will try to come out of the configratiion screen without assigning any values to this required characterstic , it will be popup with possible values same as F4.

and this popup of values will be continue till the time user havent filled all the required characterstic.

it matches your requirement.

please check and come back.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

I tested your 'entry required', it seems to be okay, but have to check with the customer if they are okay with that. However, at the same time, can you please tell me how to use or create a dependency with $SET_DEFAULT.  Can you give me a sample syntax.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use procedures to set default values for a characteristic, which can be overwritten by the user.

Use the following language element to set default values:

$SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, <Name of characteristic>, <value you want to set as default >)

example  $SET_DEFAULT ($SELF, CHAR , VALUE )ThanksRitesh
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh

I just wanted one clarification. Is it possible for us to set default order quantity in the line item with a reference characteristic creation and writing a procedure. Have you come across any scenario like that. Is it possible to write a procedure referring to VBAP/KWMENG. I want the default quantity of '100' to come as soon as the product is input in the sales order line item.

Kindly let me know if it is possible.

Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

Instead of making it complicated using VC and writing dependencies , as per my knowledge it can be handeled using standard SAP SD functionality, please contact your SD consultant and he can suggest you a solution.

Hope your issue with default value for characterstic is resolved , if its so , please close this thread a open a new one for this new issue. In this way it will be easy for others who search solution in future.

Thanks

Ritesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

Reference characteristics are used to read values from applicatoon to VC eg SD-> to VC. and then change the value and sent it back to the application. VBAP KWMENG is read from SD and transfered to VC. VC then calculates or changes the quantity (via procedures and reference characterstic to VSCD_UPDATE KWMENG) and is sent back to SD.

What you are looking for is not possible from VC perspective. However you can use user exit in SD Module. User exits are available in MV45AFZZ and MV50AFZ1.You can check if user exit

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP will help in setting the default quantity.

Thanks

Amber

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

In CT04 > Additional Data Tab Page, mark display allowed values tick. This will show all allowed values and user has to double click to select the particular value.

Regards,

AKN

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like you just want the values to be visible when the presentation starts.  This should be simple. 

CT04 > Addnl data > Procedure for Value Assignment

Display Allowed Values

There is configuration to check this by default.  Some people elect to keep it off because designing the characteristics happens early in the product lifecycle.

Cross-application components > Classification System > Characteristics > Define Default Settings

Also even consider checking View>Settings while configuring a KMAT (ie in CU50 VA01 etc).  Then Disp. Opts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

Do you want the values to be set as default ? or the values to be displays on value screen ? If you would like to have the values listed on the value screen , then there is no option as having them there means you have the values assigned. To have them default , you can use procedures with $SET_DEFAULT.

Please read the following link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/92/58c2eb417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Thanks

Amber