cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate model option in VC for NWDS 7.2 not active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am using NWDS 7.2 SP07 PAT0005 and want to translate my VC models by using “Translate Model” option at tools of VC for NWDS. However, this translate option is shown but not active in the menu. Does anybody know how to active this option?

Best regards

Yao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yao,

the translation is available after the first deploy of the model.

Regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

thank you for your quick reply.

“Translate model” is a functionality in VC – Tools of toolbar menu. By using this functionality user can create a .xlf file for model translation. But this functionality is not enable in my VC for NWDS 7.2. See chart blow. I think it is some plugins missing. But I don't know which one!

Regards

Yao

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I know the feature. As I already told you the option is available after the first deploy. Did you deploy your application?

Regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

yes, I have deployed my application many times. I even created an new application to check this feature. It can't help me further.

Regards & nice weekend

Yao

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yao,

are you able to test the same within the browser version?

Regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

Yes! It works fine within the browser version. But the VC in browser version is SP04, not SP07.

My NWDS was updated from SP02 to SP07 since there was no translation feature in my NWDS 7.2 SP02. After update to SP07 by using default SAP update site, this feature is shown in my NWDS, but not be able to apply. So It could be some plugin missing? Or I have to install NWDS 7.2 SP04 because our AS server has been updated from 7.2 SP02 to SP04? I don’t think it is possible to switch my NWDS from SP07 to SP04 backward.

Best regards

Yao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anja,

We updated our server auf 7.2 SP07 and my NWDS has been updated to the SP07 either. I created a new VC model in my NWDS and deployed it. The translation option is available within browser version, but still not in my NWDS!!!! Something missing? Should I make some setting in NWDS additionally?

Any idea will be appreciated.

Best regards

Yao

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yao,

Sorry, can't help any further. I've no idea. I would expect to have the same option in NWDS. Maybe you should raise a message at SAP. Component BC-DWB-JAV should fit.

Best regards,

Anja

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to let you all know about the solution of the problem in case anybody face the same. Within NWDS VC translation tool is disabled. It is available only in browser version. For Developer Studio

there is a built in translation tool of the IDE. You can find the XLF file under the DC folder in Java Perspective. It is possible to add a new translation file with a different source language and have

different texts.

Regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

Thank you very much for your support!

I hope this feature for NWDS would be available in the coming release.

Best regards

Yao