cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update SCC Credentials In Code at Run Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client has developed one iOS application that uses SUP. He has its own SUP server install, so in order to login to SUP server we use [SOME_DB beginOnlineLogin:@"supAdmin" password:@"password"]; method provided by the SUP in which SCC username & password are hardcoded.

But now client want to distribute his application to many of its client, which in turn will have there own SUP server install at their side, with different SCC credentials.This means that we can't hardcode SCC credentials in the code. Right?

So my question is that how to handle this situation. One solution is that develop one screen in which user can enter their SCC credentials & use it.

Any other solution. Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samyag,

Basically, the username which you are hardcoding is nothing but an supAdmin, which is nothing but the password of an Administator, what exactly you need to do is, you have to create a different different users against SOME application in SCC along with an activation code(check the objective C API), and instead creating a separate screen for registration, you could create key value pair in settings.bundle

Apart from that if you are using the latest version of SUP then probably you could try with something known as Automatic Registration, in which user will provide the SUP server details will choose his own username and password and could automatically register the application from the client side it self.

Please mark it as correct answer if it works our for you

Thanks and regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Thanks for your quick reply. I think your answer is right for the scenario "Application is install on the same SUP server."

But my requirement is that "client want to distribute his application to many of its client, which in turn will have there own/different SUP server, Afaria Server install at their side, with different SCC credentials. This means that we can't hardcode SCC credentials in the code.

Am I Right? If wrong can you please correct?

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samyag,

In your code where you are writing supAdmin

[SOME_DB beginOnlineLogin:@"supAdmin"password:@"password"];

Instead of supAdmin, you use the username which you are creating in the SCC.

And even if from your scenario what you are saying is that your client will distribute the application to Different clients, it should not be a problem because those clients will be entering the SUP Server details of the server in their environment.

So they will be automatically registered in their own Landscape.

I hope this solves your doubt.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakshit,

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry but my doubt is not clear yet. Following question arises in my mind.

1. We are hardcoding the SCC credentials in the code using [SOME_DBbeginOnlineLogin:@"xyz"password:@"password"]; method. Right?
  2. Also client want to distribute his application to many of its client, which in turn will have there own, separate SUP server install at their side, with different SCC credentials. Right?
  3. This means that we can't hardcode SCC credentials in the code. Right?
  4. What is actual purpose of this method [SOME_DBbeginOnlineLogin:@"xyz"password:@"password"];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samyag,

• We are hardcoding the SCC credentials in the code using [SOME_DBbeginOnlineLogin:@"xyz"password:@"password"]; method. Right?

This username and password are nothing but Admin password, you need to create an application user he has to enter username and activation code that's all, you need not hardcode it, have one text field out side and read it from there.

• Also client want to distribute his application to many of its client, which in turn will have there own, separate SUP server install at their side, with different SCC credentials. Right?

It's okay, the same application can be deployed in different different SUP as long as the version is same.

• This means that we can't hardcode SCC credentials in the code. Right?

Yes you are right, read it from the text field or from the settings screen.

• What is actual purpose of this method [SOME_DBbeginOnlineLogin:@"xyz"password:@"password"];

It will register your application with the SUP

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you hardcoding it...You take it from the user the same credentials and set it over here..instead of xyz and password.. It will work..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Thanks for your quick reply. My doubts are clear up to large extent. Just have one small question:

1. What is the difference between credentials that we provide in method [SOME_DBbeginOnlineLogin:@"xyz"password:@"password"]; & that (User name & activation code) we provide in the Settings.bundle?

Answers (0)