cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CJ9L - Work center XXXX in plant XXXX has no cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the below ERROR when executing CJ9L.

Work center TRNG in plant 1000 has no cost center

Message no. CK130

Diagnosis

In the routing for this material, operation 0010 (and possibly sub-operation ) points to work center TRNG in plant 1000. However, no cost center has been assigned to this work center. (Activities are valuated using the activity prices in cost center accounting to calculate the planned costs for an operation.)

System Response

The system cannot calculate the planned costs for the operation.

Procedure

Check the master data for the work center and assign a cost center to the work center.

The material number is in the costing log.
Check routing

I cross checked that a cost center has been assigned to the Work center under ‘Costing’ tab, validity of Cost center & Activity type. However, it seems actual costs are being posted against the Network-Activity, but not planned costs.

In CJ20N, the Network – Control tab has ‘2 Determine Plan costs’ selected for ‘Plan cost calc.’

Q-1: Why is it that the planned costs are not being calculated?.

Q-2: How can I overcome this error and successfully run CJ9L?.

Please guide.

-thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

For Q-2: How can I overcome this error and successfully run CJ9L?.

we realized the issue to be the validity period of Cost center/Work center i.e., the Validity dates of Cost center/Work center shall be the same.

Q-1 seems to be resolved also. tried the - Network – Control tab ‘2 Determine Plan costs’ & other options for ‘Plan cost calc.’ & Save (Note: Network WAS in REL status prior to posting this issue).

thanks for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the work center in both the routing and the activity. Are they the same? I think the work center that you have in the routing operation does not have a cost center specified.

Check and revert.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if work center that you have in the routing operation does not have a cost center specified is ok then please check activity rate are define for that activity.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gokul/Sanjeev,

Please note that I've mentioned the below in my original post:

I cross checked that a cost center has been assigned to the Work center under ‘Costing’ tab, validity of Cost center & Activity type. However, it seems actual costs are being posted against the Network-Activity, but not planned costs.

I am unsure why there are actual costs displayed in CJI3, but missing the 'Plan costs'.

@Gokul,

The issue isn't related to any routing process, but, is from activity confirmation.

Please advise for any other possible reason.

-thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Do you think what you said in your post above is correct?  If its correct, on what basis will a person check if activity rates have been maintained? Cost center and activity type, both are necessary to define a rate in KP26.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you ever see planned costs on that activity?. Please follow what Gokul has said.

To execute the CJ9L, you must have planned costs.

Regards,

Sudhakar

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

my means was when we define rate in kp26 then in overview screen some time rate pick default 1 Rs for a current month not a fiscal year.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the start and finish date of an activity. Please note that costs distribution based on total duration. Did you maintain duration on activity? if not maintain and see. or you can also maintain the constraints start and finish dates for that activity.

After that go to CN41N, select activity > Goto> period breakdown. Then you will see the distribution of costs for duration.

Regards,

Sudhakar