cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in IDOC_AAE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i have 2 HTTP-to-IDOC_AAE-Scenario. One is working fine but the other one is always lacking. We have PI 7.31 (Java-only). Both scenarios use the same Parameters (Destination, SAP-Release, etc.). The only difference is that the good one uses ORDERS and the bad one ORDRSP but both ORDERS05.

Mapping is successful but delivery is not possible which means that the ERP system never receives the IDOC, so the data in ORDERS05 is valid. There's always the following error text:

IDoc: Received an XI message for processing

IDoc: Sender Party: ****  Sender Service: SendOrderConfirmation  Receiver Party:   Receiver Service: ******  Communication Channel: *******

IDoc: Error while processing the received messagejava.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3

Error MP: exception caught with cause java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3

Error Exception caught by adapter framework: String index out of range: 3

Error Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection HTTP_AAE_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3

Is there anyone who can help me?

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers. I have found the answer myself. As i have already described that the mapping or the payload is not the problem. The problem was more "simple". The Name of the Business Component was too long. The error message is total misleading and i think it is a bug of the system.

0 Kudos

Dear Florian ,

I have a similar scenario IDoc--> PI7.31(Java Stack) --> HTTP(XI 3.0) of SNC. I create HTTP Destination for receiver. I'm not sure about the URL of HTTP Destination. I input the value like this:   http://host:port/sap/xi/engine/?type=receiver

But I always ping fail with 500 internal server error. Would you please kindly give me some tutorial or advice to configure HTTP Destination in PI7.31(Java Stack Only).

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Florian,

I get the same error as you've mentioned.

What exactly do you mean when you say business component?

Cheers

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

with Business Component i meant the name in the configuration of the iFlow. The Field "Name" is restricted to a certain number of characters. So choose a shorter name and the interface should work.

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Please check your message mapping,take the input payload and make use of Test tab in message mapping.By seeing your error it looks there is some problem with UDF(if used ) or the value you are passing is of more than maximum length allowed in IDoc field.

Regards,

$HRI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

have you checked whether there are fields in the IDOC that have length restrictions your payload possibly violates? AFAIK, in PI all fields are just String, but it might be that the adapter is already checking certain length restrictions given in your target system.

This is just a suggestion. The index means that you probably have to look for a 3 characters field, some code field probably.

Regards,

Jörg