Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to BlackBerry Server 9800

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please someone help me resolve this error. I am unable to connect to the 9800 server. I am initially getting message as "waiting to connect " and then suddenly getting error as "cannot connect to the server".

I am using using following credentials to connect to the server.

Server name:  10.160.121.127

Server Port No: 5001

Farm ID :  0

User Name: supAdmin

Password: s3pAdmin

I am using trial version and I am completely new to mobile applications.

Any type of help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

plz someone answer my question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your MDS running ? In the screen shot i did n't see any MDS.

Thanks,

Srikanth M

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Srikanth, its running. here is a screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And did you set Simulate-> set IT policies  for simulator and where is the SCC installed ?Can you give a try giving complete System name instead of IP ?

Thanks,

Srikanth M

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no idea of where this Simulate -> set IT policies would in SCC. Because I am completely new to SUP and practising SUP tutorial on trial version.

Once I tried logging on to SCC but I dont have credentials to access that as well. I am totally lost.

Please show me some way to come solve this issue.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the screen shot attached.

Thanks,

Srikanth M

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for your continuous support. But I am still not able to connect to the Simulator 9800. Please find the above screenshot which shows the error messages.

Kindly help me to advance in this tutorial.

Thanks

Uday

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please someone respond to this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd suggest that your SCC credentials are

supAdmin

s3pAdmin

logon to the control centre with those and then create an application connection (say to the HWC app) with a userid that you will enter on the simulator..

Thanks

Stu.

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Stu, for prompt response. Your information was very helpful. But I am unable to proceed further from Control Centre. I have created Application connection there but when I am giving same credentials on simulator, it still gives me same connection error.

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stu,

I am able to create application connection. But it states "Pending Activation". Where do I activate these items.

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please someone help me.

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

user supAdmin/s3pAdmin  is only to login to SCC.

To register from the device, you should use the user created under application connections. The status is shown as pending untill you register.

Please register your using the "username" , "activation code" which you have created under application connection tab.

Note: the activation code has a default expiry time of 72 hours. So I suggest you to create a new user under application connection and register using the same.

Regards

Rohith

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

I did create a new application connection id today and tried as said in tutorial and other people on this thread. I am still getting "Unknown error " and "cannot connect to server" errors. Please find screen shots of each of the steps.

Please someone help me.

Thanks

Uday

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one more connection screenshot

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

1. Check your SUP server and simulator is in the same network(corporate).

2. Try using the "IP" instead of host name.

3. Check you are passing the correct port number(5001 by default. check if you are using different messaging port)

4. In the last screenshot, I see that "Automatic" check box is selected. If you are registering the predefined user, then I guess you should not check it.  Automatic registrations are of SSO and certificate types as per my understanding.

Regards

Rohith

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

I tried all your said possibilities. Still facing errors.

any further inputs

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

In the screen shot, I notice that SCC in background shows port as 5001. Where as your device shows 5011. If you use wrong port obviously it will fail.

regards

Rohith

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did used 5001 before but still couldn't connect. so in an attempt to try various possibilities i tried 5011 as well. and i pasted this screenshot to you here. changing the port number doesn't seem to really influence the simulator.

looks like there is really some problem with simulator itself.

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Could be a simulator issue as well. You can try on device to confirm the same.

I saw similar thread at http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/9800-simulator-network-problem/td-p/60...

May be you can try using different simulator.

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Use JDE6.0' MDS-CS.

Thanks & Regards

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasidhar,

I am now trying to configure same workflow in Android AVD Manager. I have been prompted to enter login credentials. I dont have any. Where do I get these credentials from.

Please anyone give some inputs or guidance.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

At the first time of workflow application in Andorid, we have to create our login credentials.

Thanks & Regards,

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasidhar,

I have tried even the alternative Android AVD Manager. Still I am getting similar unable to connect error. Please find the screenshot.

I strongly feel that its not fault with the emulators, instead I am missing some step.

Please guide me somehow atleast to complete one SUP tutorial. I shall be very happy to start completely working on Mobile applications there after.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Have you changed activation code length, while device registration in SCC?

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per our understanding from above threads

1. You are trying a work flow application for Android & Blackberry

2. then Created a Work flow application from sybase work space

3.  Started the simulator and installed HWC container on it

4. In the container you are now trying give

setting values as shown in the screen-shot above(please correct us if  we are wrong)

Next you need to create a User in Sybase control center with HWC as application name and then give the created user in the setting page by doing this, user in SCC

should be online.

Next would be deploying work flow application on Conatiner.

Please check this link http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01212.0212/doc/html/den13... for details and let us know if you face any issue.

Thanks,

Srikanth M

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth & Tulasidhar,

I finally solved this issue. Actually I was using Application ID while registering on SCC. Please find the screenshot of my workflow application running perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your continuous support.

Thanks & Regards

Uday

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Uday,

how you rectified your issue?

plz explain

Regards,

Jitendra

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I was doing a simple mistake of not taking HWC id as application ID. Follow these two steps carefully and you should be done with it.

3.  Started the simulator and installed HWC container on it

4. In the container you are now trying give

setting values as shown in the screen-shot above(please correct us if  we are wrong)

Observe my screenshots once again.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Uday

Answers (0)