cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBean as Server Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i want to configure my MBean to work as a service on the J2EE-Engine because i want the MBean to load up, register and start automatically each time the server is started.

Unfortunately i doesn´t found any hint at the documentation.

At the deploy tool you can add a service to the deploy unit but that did not work for me.

Thanks for help

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

viliana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

In the J2EE Engine 6.40, development and deployment of custom services is not supported (see SAP Note 822542). This is the reason why you do not find any information in the documentation.

Best regards,

Viliana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viliana,

thanks for the advice but i do not find the note at the SAP service marketplace.

Is there any chance to configure a MBean to automatically register after the deployment? At BEA you are able to configure the deployment descriptors so the MBean server 'knows what to do' with the MBean.

Regards

Christian

viliana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The note simply states that development of custom services is not supported, so do not bother that you can’t find it.

As for the configuration of the MBean, I am afraid what you want is not possible currently. Possible solution is to register the MBean in the application in which you use it, for example in the init() method of a servlet. Hope that will help.

Best regards,

Viliana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viliana,

thanks for the quick answer.

Currently my app registers the MBean but i thought there have to be a better and more comfortable way to 'install' the MBean. Looking at other App-Servers there are these possibilities. Perhaps one of the next releases enables this feature.

Regards

Christian

viliana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You can issue a CSN message with a request for development of such feature.

Best regards,

Viliana

Answers (0)