cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropDown field..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I tried to create DropDownByIndex binding to a field with fixed values.

Say for Airlines, I have field in a table with 2 values - Qanta n Virigin.

But I can't bind this field to any DropDown field, because it says cardinality does not match because the structure has 1 to 1 cardinality, but the possible values for the field is more than one.

Not sure how this shdn't work..?!

Thanks

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

When you say the field has fixed values, do you mean the values are coming from the field's domain? If not, where are the values for the dropdown coming from? The node itself can be 0..1 or 1..1 with an attribute that you bind to a dropdown with multiple values.

If the values for the dropdown are coming from the attribute's domain's fixed value set, no extra work is needed. Otherwise, this blog article on Creating the Value Set for a DropDownByKey Element should help you.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

The values did come from fixed values of Attributes domain.

But it's not populating in the dropdown..!

I am not sure what must be wrong..?

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I didn't pick up on the fact you're using DropDownByIndex rather than DropDownByKey-- the two binding models are different and my link is about using DropDownByKey. DropDownByIndex requires its values to come from a 0..n or 1..n node. Give the approach suggested by Lavanya and Venkatesh a try:

1. Create a 0..n or 1..n node and write a supply function to populate it with your airline texts.
  2. Bind the node to the DropDownByIndex element's texts property.

Demo web dynpro component DEMO_UIEL_STD_SELECTION has an example of a working DropDownByIndex.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Solved.

I use the DropDownByKey.

Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Create a node with cardinality 0ton and place ur fileds in that and bind the fileds what u fileds required to drop down by index element property.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Try like this create a node with cardinality 0 to n and insert your field(airline) as a attribute,now try to bind airline to drop down by index element property texts,it wont show any error.

thanks,

Lavanya.