cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local SLD Vs Central SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed the Solution manager 7.1 SP05 and created the Local SLD on Solution manager.

Our landscape has the ECC, BW, APO, PORTAL (ESS, Ads, GRC, MS-Outlook and Universal work list) and XMII systems. PORTAL and XMII servers are
running with Local SLD’s.

Now I am planning to create the Central SLD in solution manager system by removing the all Local SLD's. But I am struck at point that what is the impact on satellite systems if I overwrite the Local SLD of all systems by replacing the Central SLD of Solution manager system.

Please let me know the solution to proceed further.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Linga reddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Linga,

I dont think there should be any issue if you remove the local SLD of all satellite systems and point them to a central SLD as generally SLD is used by systems like PI or systems which are using ABAP API or systems with integration engine

Also as Nicholas pointed out you can do forwarding of local SLD data to point to Central SLD but in that case I think your administrative work might get increase when you configure solution manager sceniros like E2E for all the satellite systems

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies.

Now I am trying to create the SLD data bridge to Solution manager to forward data Local SLD data of portal system to Solution manager SLD without replacing the existing Local SLD's.

I have created the SLD bridge connection from PORTAL to SOLMAN, by creating the Data bridge in PORTAL SLD with the solution manager url,user id and password & saved the details(  http://portalhost:50000/sld --> Administration --> Datasuppliers --> Add ).

One day is passed but I did not get any SLD data from PORTAL system to SOLMAN system.

Please let me know the process of forwading the SLD data by creating the data bridge between PORTAL SLD and SOLMAN SLD.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Linga reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linga,

Check this Note 1084145 - Reported data not updated in SLD and other notes inside this note.

Thanks,

Ravi

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linga,

You dont need to remove all local SLD. Basically you can do a brigde forwarding or sync from your local SLD to SOLMAN SLD.

Cheers,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You should refer link below :

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8042

Thanks,

Ravi