cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead line monitoring- without Quality view in material master

raju_123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, we have some raw materials which are not subjected to inspection so quality view is not maintained. but they will have expire date in batch. we need to seperate the batches upon batch expiry. is there any way to seperate them or any transaction. Please note that i know qa07 which will work only when we maintain the 09 in the quality view. seaching is there any way to sepeare such batches without maintaining 09 insp type in quality view or any development is possible? please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you just need to identify them, use the batch cockpit, BMBC to find them. 

If you use batch status you can then use BMBC to restrict the batches as well.  This is not an automatic process but once trained, someone should be able to perform this function in a few minutes.

FF

raju_123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FF, Thanks for the reply. I am looking for the functionality of identifying the expired batches and to set those batch status as "Restricted". please advise.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raju,

Perhaps you need to set the status as restricted manually through MSC2N if you don't use QA07 with QM. Use either BMBC or develop a query / custom report using MCH1 table to identify expired batches.

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not on much due to performance issues.  But I see this remains unanswered.

What more do you want to know? 

BMBC can allow you do get a list of expired batches.

Than directly from BMBC you can fairly quickly set these batches to restricted status.

It is a manual process.  If you require an automated process you will need to write a custom program to first get your list of expired batches and then to run MSC2n to set the status to restricted.

Not too many other options.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its actaully not possible.

But if your ultimate aim is to seperate the expired  batches & not inspect them at regular interval then you can

1.use std ME5M

2.customize a program which will check MCH1 Field name is VFDAT