cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at exporting to Excel (1997-2003) in runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I use Crystal reports 13.0.0.4 runtime Support Pack. When I want to export a report to Excel (1997-2003 ) I get this error  :

Title : Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

" Runtime error !

Program  : C\app\xxx.exe

This application has requested to Runtime to terminate in an unusual way

Please, contact the application's suport team fore more information. "

How can be this problem solved ?

Ion Moise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ion,

Is this happening on the DEV machine or prod?

If its DEV, you would need to install CR for VS 2010 SP4 on top of visual studio 2010.(complete install).

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_4.exe

Are you exporting the report to excel from the viewer or through code?

Does any other export format reproduce the issue?

- Thanks,

Bhushan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It happens on the customer's computer which has only CR SP4 runtime installed only.  On my computer , which has Crystal Reports for VS 2010 , it works very good.

This error appears in both situations : export from viewer and from code.

No, this issue appears only for exporting to Excel (1997-2003). It doesn't appear for exporting in Excel read only.

Other thing : this error appears only when I use subreports. Without them, the export works OK.

Ion

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I reported this problem in a prior thread and it was confirmed and logged as something SAP will try to fix by SP5.  It is a regression in SP4, so you should be able to avoid it by rolling back to SP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. I will try with SP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I cannot find a previous version of  SAP Crysrtal Reports runtime engine for .Net Framework 4.0 ( 13.0.0.4).

Do you know something about the existance of this previous version ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any new information on this problem.  Starting to get more end users updating to SP4 and then having the Excel Export problem.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Wayne

Just so I'm not assuming anything here; the error consistently happens if you update to SP4 for CRVS2010, but not if you stay on a previous Service Pack, be it SP1, 2 or 3?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just found your postings in September http://scn.sap.com/thread/3239979, that said it is scheduled for SP5.

And yes, putting the user back to SP3 fixes the export to excel.  I hadn't noticed that it was only reports that had sub-reports until reading the previous thread.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'd think I'd have clued in having been egged once before...

BTW., SP5 has been delayed to Q1 2013 - not sure if that means January, February or March...

- Ludek

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for the update on the SP5 due date.  I've been checking the SP web page almost every day hoping it would be out around this time.  It's disappointing to find out about the delay (the problem above is not the only regression in SP4) but at least I know what to expect now.

Cheers,
- Ido

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ido

Understood re. the disappointment - unfortunately, these things are way out of my sphere of influence .

Just as an FYI. Service Pack 5 will include support for VS2012. E.g.; you'll be able to use SP5 with VS2010 and VS2012. The document SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio - 2012 Support Update has a bit of info re. CR and VS2012.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I cannot find a previous version of  SAP Crysrtal Reports runtime engine for .Net Framework 4.0 ( 13.0.0.4).

Do you know something about the existance of this previous version ?