cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Application Server Hardware migration and encryption key (PSE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are performing a hardware migration of the SAP application server (CI & SCS). The planned system is SAP ECC on red hat linux 5.4 and oracle 10.2.0.4  as db.

We have distrubuted SAP installtaion with Application on one server and DB on a different server.

We plan to migrate the application server via a P2V (physical to virtual) copy using VM converter, as we are moving to a VMware platform.

Our trial run on sandbox went fine and the migrated box works fine.

Question:

When we migrate hardware, can we migrate the encryption key (basically PSE) of the source machine to the target (new hardware) ?

The concern I have is, if we create a new PSE after migration, would the new system be able to decrypt the Credit card data previously encrypted in the source system with a different PSE.

Appreciate you thought and help on this issue.

Thanks

Sheril

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sheril,

as i know, in sap transaction secstore after you applied for a migrationkey on: service.sap.com/migrationkey for the secstore, you get a migrationkey (provide old sid/old systemnumber new sid/systemnumber) and then you can migrate the contents of the secstore.

it must also work with a new created pse in transaction strust, it think it just depends on the sid and systemnumber, and in your situation this will not be changed.

but i think the best way is to try it out, bevor go on production.

br

julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius, I will check the option you mentioned and update as we progress.

Thank you