cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse third party return item for new orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing one issue with the third party return items.

Customer placed an order and it has been shipped by Vendor.

Customer returned the material and our company has received the material and it has been updated in our plant inventory under RETURNS.

I moved the qty from RETURNS to Untrestricted use and created a new order for that material. The order is getting created but it is creating a Purchase requisition and PO to the vendor but i want to first consume the qty available in our warehouse/plant.

Please find below the schedule line category screen shot. I think it is happening because of it.

Can you please tell me how can i acheive the above requirement? i mean, consume the qty that is available in ware house first then go to vendor if it is not avialable.

Thanks

Venkata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata ,

Purchase requisition and PO to the vendor but i want to first consume the qty available in our warehouse/plant. wt dose it mean  can you give more clarity

If you dont want to create PO then in sales order item category manually changed to TAN

If your requirement is different let me know for the same

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed the item category in the new sales order to TAN and it worked as expected. The inventory in the warehouse is consumed. I was able to convince the client with this.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Venkata

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Ramesh and Shiva, that instead of changing the schedule line category, the user should change the item category in VA01 / 2.

The reason for this is the field "Billing relevance" is different for 3rd party process in comparison to Normal sales process. Billing relevance is at item category level.

E.g.

Billing relevance:

For TAN = A delivery related

For TAS = F Invoice receipt quantity less invoiced quantity

With the change in item category, different schedule line could be determined.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just change the item category of the line item from third party item category to normal item category manually. The system will pick the quantity is stock. Make sure in t.code VOV4, standard item category has been maintained for relevant combinations.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
consume the qty that is available in ware house first then go to vendor if it is not avialable.

If the above is the requirement then the default schedule line category in the sales order should be e.g. CP, CN and not ZF.

In other words, a schedule line category which has blank value for fields:

Order type, Item category, Account assignment category.

If stock for that material is not available, the user can change the schedule line category in the sales order or this can be done with coding (in a userexit, in a program) without user (manual) intervention....From e.g. CP to ZF

The determination of schedule line category can be done in VOV5.

Message was edited by: T W