cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.20 Kernel on Solaris 10/SPARC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a little confused on the number of files available for download in the download area for SAP Kernel 720 on SPARC Solaris. 64 UNICODE.

Does anyone know what are these additional files and are they required.

For example, I want to upgrade to Kernel 720 so the latest version is patch level 300. So I grab that for kernel part 1. Then I see a whole list of other files are these required as well ?

disp+work package, SAPHTTP, R3TRANS, SAPLICENSE, TP

Do I just grab the latest version of all these ahead of the date 300 was released. ?

Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To update the kernel to the patch level 300 (infact for any kernel upgrade) , you need to 2 SAR files

SAPEXE*.SAR and SAPEXEDB*.SAR of the same patch level (for Example 300) released on the same date (on the right most clumn)

The individual files such as TP , disp+work etc are independent releases of certain set of related executables , released as interim fixes at different times. You do not need them to be download them unless they are released on a later date than the release date of the 2 files mentioned above and you require them to fix certain issues you are facing.

Say for example patch 300 is released on 18.07.2012, and dw_312-20005275.sar

is released on 07.08.2012 , so once you extract the 2 SAR files (SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB) , then you can extract dw_312-20005275.sar (disp+work package patch level 312)to update the disp+work package if you see any issues and SAP through a note or message has notified to upgrade it.

So download only the 2 SAR files and extract them and your kernel would be patched to level 300.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Thanks 

That is what we thought, just wanted to make sure we were in line with others.

Answers (0)